PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SMS Communication

Posted 09-18-2015 15:58
    Is anyone on here using SMS through CIC? We are looking at different brokers and I would like to hear how others are using it. We are looking to have two-way communication, not just notifications and reminders of appointments. Ang

• 2.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 09-18-2015 16:15
    We started with Upside Wireless and did the configurations in dev env. Things did work but never went to prod.

• 3.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 09-18-2015 17:32
    Originally posted by hima;32625
    We started with Upside Wireless and did the configurations in dev env. Things did work but never went to prod.
    We are looking into using it for short two-way communication, but it seems like it is a lot of manual ANI entries to try and keep the text going back to the correct user. Did you find that in IA you had to do a lot of manual work? Ang

• 4.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 09-18-2015 17:53
    Originally posted by ailegna5;32626
    We are looking into using it for short two-way communication, but it seems like it is a lot of manual ANI entries to try an keep the text going back to the correct user. Did you find that in IA you had to do a lot of manual work? Ang
    We used handlers that pick the phone numbers from DB and sends out to the customers . These were mostly for sending reminders or notifications.

• 5.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 09-18-2015 18:24
    Originally posted by hima;32627
    We used handlers that pick the phone numbers from DB and sends out to the customers . These were mostly for sending reminders or notifications.
    Thank you for the reply! Ang

• 6.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 04-20-2016 02:42
    No, I only heard about it through a friend. I guess, this is something that could help trace where the calls or texts came from.

• 7.  RE: SMS Communication

Posted 08-30-2016 14:45
    I heard that from friend too. Haven't ever used...

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources