PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Webchat Retrieve CallID

Posted 05-09-2014 11:03
    Hi, I need to get the CallID of an active chat session in order to keep a record of the chat with the CallID as a reference. While the chat is active, the response from polling events does not return this and I can find no way of doing this. I need to get the CallID from a custom webchat client that we have developed using web services as detailed in the documentation. I'm not sure if this is descriptive enough but any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Webchat Retrieve CallID

Posted 05-10-2014 01:16
    Hello, Are you needing the Call-ID for use on the web chat client (website) side or on the CIC server side? Corey

• 3.  RE: Webchat Retrieve CallID

Posted 05-12-2014 06:23
    Originally posted by corey.small;30535
    Hello, Are you needing the Call-ID for use on the web chat client (website) side or on the CIC server side? Corey
    Hi, I need the CallID on the client side if that's at all possible? Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Webchat Retrieve CallID

Posted 05-13-2014 13:33
    Unfortunately this is not possible through the Interaction Web Tools API. You will need to invoke a handler on CIC side to send the Interaction ID. You can read more about this in Chapter 6 of the Web Services TR, or Ch 5 of the Interaction Web Tools Developers Guide.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources