PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unable to set user voicemail message "please leave a message after the tone..."

Posted 02-21-2017 22:17
    Hey guys, the page died so this I'm re-writing this for a second time. CIC 2016R1 Interaction Admin: 16.1.3.30 I've created a user with voice mailbox today that will take the voicemail and forward it to an internal email. I've set the extension and called the main company line. When the extension is entered, the generic voice reads out the set Display Name and states it's not available. Right after it goes back to our main company message. When I use a previously created voicemail account that has been setup for a while now, the process is similar but after the message stating that the user is not available, it says "please leave a message after the tone..." I'm not creating a workgroup, just a user account. Even my own IC account gives me the prompt for 'please leave a message' yet I don't have a voicemail setup at all within Interaction Desktop/Admin. I hope this is clear enough, if not, please let me know and I'll do my best to re-phrase this. Thank you

• 2.  RE: Unable to set user voicemail message "please leave a message after the tone..."

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2017 23:18
    Make sure the new user you created has the Receive Voicemail right, under the Security tab, Security Rights, in the User configuration.

• 3.  RE: Unable to set user voicemail message "please leave a message after the tone..."

Posted 02-22-2017 16:18
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34817
    Make sure the new user you created has the Receive Voicemail right, under the Security tab, Security Rights, in the User configuration.
    Thank you for the reply. Actually when I created this thread last night, I left and went home. This morning as per your recommendation, I checked to see the status of the setting under the security tab. There was already a checkmark in the box. I called the extension and it worked as it should have. Odd, could it have been a glitch or some kind of period for the IC system to set it up? Maybe it activates it the following day? It was odd. I will create another account with voicemail and test it out. Thank you for the help regardless :-)

• 4.  RE: Unable to set user voicemail message "please leave a message after the tone..."

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2017 16:22
    It may have taken a bit for the Mail provider to sync with Interaction Center, and the mailbox connection to be fully active...or, if you created the mailbox in the Mail server it may not have been made accessible to the IC service account user right away (could be some IT stuff that runs in the background to grant permissions over mailboxes or whatever). Ignore all that if you use Interaction Message Store :-) Glad it works now!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources