PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

• 1.  Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-08-2017 22:04
    I'd like to be able to log all conference call initiations, connects and disconnects. This sounds like it should be a Monitor handler, but I'm at a loss as to what kind I should be watching - there doesn't seem to be any list of objects and events that I might use to determine this. I'm looking at Call Monitor Initiator, but am uncertain. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

• 2.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 14:49
    Hazarding a guess, I'd start with the Call Monitor Initiator and have one handler fire on PartyAddedToConference and another fire on CallRemovedFromConference. Not sure if that will get you all you need.

• 3.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 15:19
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34914
    Hazarding a guess, I'd start with the Call Monitor Initiator and have one handler fire on PartyAddedToConference and another fire on CallRemovedFromConference. Not sure if that will get you all you need.
    Thanks! That's what I have sussed out on my own so far, too, but it doesn't account for disconnects from the conference and I need to track those as well. Is there any indicator on a call, such as an attribute, that I can check for to see if the call was in a conference when it was disconnected?

• 4.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 15:27
    I don't know from current experience, but this page in the Help lists most of the system-generated attributes: https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/interaction_attributes.htm One listed is Eic_ConferenceId https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/eic_conferenceid.htm Another is Eic_ConferenceMembers, which might be of use somehow... https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/eic_conferencemembers.htm

• 5.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 16:32
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34916
    I don't know from current experience, but this page in the Help lists most of the system-generated attributes: https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/interaction_attributes.htm One listed is Eic_ConferenceId https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/eic_conferenceid.htm Another is Eic_ConferenceMembers, which might be of use somehow... https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_att/desktop/eic_conferencemembers.htm
    Yah, I'm capturing everything that has "conference" in the name :) Unfortunately, Eic_ConferenceMembers seems to always be empty :( And nothing is jumping out at me as being helpful, yet. What I'm thinking is that I'll have to look up to my log of conference call entries whenever a call disconnects and compare it's ID to any of my previous conference logging entries to see if there is a match in order to detect conference exits by disconnect... but that seems so damn inelegant :/

• 6.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 17:02
    You'd probably be better off parsing the TsServer log to get the info you want. I know we used to have Ruby scripts running against the logs to pull out specific information and send it to people...though I don't remember exactly how it was done. It's been 12 years since I looked at it :-)

• 7.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 17:32
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34919
    You'd probably be better off parsing the TsServer log to get the info you want. I know we used to have Ruby scripts running against the logs to pull out specific information and send it to people...though I don't remember exactly how it was done. It's been 12 years since I looked at it :-)
    I was under the impression that the ININ logs were all in that ridiculous proprietary format used for Log Viewer? Starting a project to decode and parse them is way more man hours than we want to put in for this.

• 8.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 18:19
    Just a BTW...there is a utility named "logsnip.exe" in the \I3\IC\ININ Trace Initialization folder that lets you pull info from trace logs using the command line. Various options, including the ability to use a filter exported from the logviewer application as XML. Output can be JSON.

• 9.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 18:26
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34922
    Just a BTW...there is a utility named "logsnip.exe" in the \I3\IC\ININ Trace Initialization folder that lets you pull info from trace logs using the command line. Various options, including the ability to use a filter exported from the logviewer application as XML. Output can be JSON.
    That is very good to know, thank you. I've asked here in the forums and in classes and always gotten a response that there was no tool such as this available. :mad:

• 10.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 18:32
    It didn't used to be available...I don't know when it started shipping, rather than being just an internal tool. The version of LogSnip has to match the version of IC, from what I have been reading. Others internally write their own C# or C++ applications using the i3Trace...dll, but I don't know if there is any public documentation on how to use it...maybe in IceLib documentation. I'm still working on getting set up to try a conference call with a handler to see if something comes to mind for what you want to do. Might be something in the CallLog attribute that you could parse looking for "conference".

• 11.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 18:35
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34924
    It didn't used to be available...I don't know when it started shipping, rather than being just an internal tool. The version of LogSnip has to match the version of IC, from what I have been reading. Others internally write their own C# or C++ applications using the i3Trace...dll, but I don't know if there is any public documentation on how to use it...maybe in IceLib documentation. I'm still working on getting set up to try a conference call with a handler to see if something comes to mind for what you want to do. Might be something in the CallLog attribute that you could parse looking for "conference".
    Thanks for the info and the effort! I haven't seen anything useful myself, yet, but my ignorance likely limits me.

• 12.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 20:50
    Finally got my system playing again. I created a conference call, and had the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler in Debug. When I disconnected one of the calls in the conference, I looked at Interaction1 in the debug, and that call had Eic_ConferenceId set. So, you should be able to do some logging of calls disconnected from a conference in the CustomCallDisconnect handler...

• 13.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

Posted 03-09-2017 21:26
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34926
    Finally got my system playing again. I created a conference call, and had the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler in Debug. When I disconnected one of the calls in the conference, I looked at Interaction1 in the debug, and that call had Eic_ConferenceId set. So, you should be able to do some logging of calls disconnected from a conference in the CustomCallDisconnect handler...
    Aha! Perfect! Many thanks, mister!

• 14.  RE: Watch for conference call initiations / caller entries / caller exits

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2017 21:28
    My pleasure.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources