PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Business manager manage workgroup membership

Posted 12-26-2016 10:01
    Hi, We are busy with an upgrade to the last version of CIC. In the help pages I see that there is a possibility to manage the membership of the workgroups in the business manager. When I try this, i cannot see the option in the dropdown. Do I need some extra configuration to use this option? Regards, Karen

• 2.  RE: Business manager manage workgroup membership

Posted 12-27-2016 14:17
    I'm going to assume you have CIC 4.0 or newer. There is a user right that controls if you can activate others in the workgroup. For the users who need to activate others go into their access control rights, scroll down to Workgroup Queue for the workgroup you want them to have the rights to and click the Advanced Access Control button at the bottom of the window. From the Access Control Details box there should be a Modify right for Activate Others. If the user has this rights then they can activate any user in the queue. As a side note it's usually better to assign rights to a role than a user, the same process can be used to assign the rights to an existing role or create a new role.

• 3.  RE: Business manager manage workgroup membership

Posted 12-27-2016 14:33
    I already enabled that security. In the release notes of 2016 R2, they told that in that version you have the option in the workgroup detail-view in the supervisor to manage the membership of the workgroup (right click on a member and in that dropdown you need to find 'manage workgroup membership'). On our development environment we upgraded to 2017 R1 and I cannot see that option. But my user has the right to activate others in all the workgroups. So I don't know if I forgotten a (new) configuration. Regards, Karen

• 4.  RE: Business manager manage workgroup membership

GENESYS
    Posted 12-29-2016 04:25
    I see the dialog you are talking about on my system. I haven't experimented yet, but I presume the user needs both the View Workgroup and Modify Workgroup Access Control rights for the workgroup in question (along with the license to see the Workgroups plug-in).

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources