PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Message of the Day in IVR

• 1.  Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-06-2015 11:53
    Hi, we have an IVR with 4 options. Before playing the IVR they might need time to time to play a MOD. I found the unplanned scheduled to do 50% of the job. So the team leader can dial the IVR press 9 for remote access then turn on or off the unplanned profile BUT how can I allow them to record the the schedule greeting? thanks

• 2.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-07-2015 01:15
    Check out my Prompt Recorder on marketplace.inin.com. With it you can have users call in and record a greeting anytime. All you need to do is place that greeting number in the Attendant profile. If you want to change, just call in and record over greeting. If you don't want it played, just record a couple of seconds of silence.

• 3.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-07-2015 13:57
    Originally posted by RobertWC;31806
    Check out my Prompt Recorder on marketplace.inin.com. With it you can have users call in and record a greeting anytime. All you need to do is place that greeting number in the Attendant profile. If you want to change, just call in and record over greeting. If you don't want it played, just record a couple of seconds of silence.
    Hi Robert, thank you for that. i ve tried but i get an error that i dont have access to the application. i ve sent them an email and wait ... many thanks

• 4.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 01-07-2015 16:07
    Recording Attendant prompts through the TUI is built into IC. You just have to enable it and set it up per the KB: External Link: https://my.inin.com/Products/Pages/KB-Details.aspx?EntryID=Q126322738600127 How To Enable Attendant Prompt Recording From The TUI Description: This article describes the steps necessary to be able to dial into the TUI and record custom Attendant prompts. Solution: 1. On the IC Server open the registry and navigate to: \Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\[Site Name]\Production\[Server Name]\AttendantData 2. Create two multi-string attributes: a) AttendantLanguages with a value of en-US (for English US, if there is more than one language, enter all the languages desired). b) AttendantWaveIDs with no value * WARNING * It's very important create Multi-string values for these attributes. Otherwise, there is a limit of one Attendant prompt and one language. 3. On the IC Server in \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-US folder, create a file called "1000" with no extension. For Example, a txt file could be created and renamed to be only 1000. Note that this 1000 is so the name matches with the value used on the parameter AttendantWaveIDs. 4. In the AttendantWaveIDs attribute, add one number/wav pair on each line for every Attendant Wave prompt you wish to record. Example: 1000|Prompt1.wav 2000|Prompt2.wav 3000|Prompt3.wav 5. For every entry you created in step 4, create matching files in the appropriate language folder under \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\ *NOTE* The numeric files (e.g. 1000, 2000, 3000) can be any file created with no extension. In this example, an empty text file was created (1000.txt) and the extension was deleted so the resulting file was "1000". In addition, any wav file can be used as a placeholder for the Attendant prompts so long as it's named appropriately (e.g. test1.wav). In this example, chimes.wav was copied from the \Windows\Media directory into the InteractionAttendantWaves directory and renamed "test1.wav". Example: Navigate to \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-US Create files named "1000", "2000", "test1.wav," and "test2.wav." 6. Reboot the server for the changes to take effect. 7. Record Attendant prompts as required by navigating to the following TUI menu: Remote Login to TUI 5 - Personal options 9 - Administrative options 2 - Record attendant prompts

• 5.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-08-2015 00:25
    Gee, that does not sound very fun! With mine, you publish one handler then enter 4 digits and hit pound.

• 6.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-16-2015 14:28
    Hi, i followed the steps and can now remote to it but when i m asked to "please enter the number of the audio file you wish to re-record followed by the #" i then put 1000# then she says "sorry that doesn't not correspond with a non audio file" any idea? thanks
    Originally posted by GGanahl;31809
    Recording Attendant prompts through the TUI is built into IC. You just have to enable it and set it up per the KB: External Link: https://my.inin.com/Products/Pages/KB-Details.aspx?EntryID=Q126322738600127 How To Enable Attendant Prompt Recording From The TUI Description: This article describes the steps necessary to be able to dial into the TUI and record custom Attendant prompts. Solution: 1. On the IC Server open the registry and navigate to: \Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\[Site Name]\Production\[Server Name]\AttendantData 2. Create two multi-string attributes: a) AttendantLanguages with a value of en-US (for English US, if there is more than one language, enter all the languages desired). b) AttendantWaveIDs with no value * WARNING * It's very important create Multi-string values for these attributes. Otherwise, there is a limit of one Attendant prompt and one language. 3. On the IC Server in \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-US folder, create a file called "1000" with no extension. For Example, a txt file could be created and renamed to be only 1000. Note that this 1000 is so the name matches with the value used on the parameter AttendantWaveIDs. 4. In the AttendantWaveIDs attribute, add one number/wav pair on each line for every Attendant Wave prompt you wish to record. Example: 1000|Prompt1.wav 2000|Prompt2.wav 3000|Prompt3.wav 5. For every entry you created in step 4, create matching files in the appropriate language folder under \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\ *NOTE* The numeric files (e.g. 1000, 2000, 3000) can be any file created with no extension. In this example, an empty text file was created (1000.txt) and the extension was deleted so the resulting file was "1000". In addition, any wav file can be used as a placeholder for the Attendant prompts so long as it's named appropriately (e.g. test1.wav). In this example, chimes.wav was copied from the \Windows\Media directory into the InteractionAttendantWaves directory and renamed "test1.wav". Example: Navigate to \I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-US Create files named "1000", "2000", "test1.wav," and "test2.wav." 6. Reboot the server for the changes to take effect. 7. Record Attendant prompts as required by navigating to the following TUI menu: Remote Login to TUI 5 - Personal options 9 - Administrative options 2 - Record attendant prompts

• 7.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2016 03:39
    The current Default Attendant Profile (2016R4) does not seem to have the same options available for remote TUI. Are there updated instructions available?
    Originally posted by GGanahl;31809

• 8.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-08-2015 12:33
    thanks for that long step by step. what put me off is to reload the server and the complexity of it but hey ... i guess this is the philosophy in ININ why to make simple when you can make complicated ;-) Many thanks

• 9.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-08-2015 12:35
    yes, your stuff seems great but only if i can get access to inin.market ... i tried again today but still no luck... and no reply from support ... thanks

• 10.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-09-2015 09:39
    hello there finally got access to marketplace. i need to check if they are willing to pay ?200 to make my life easier which i doubt. we will give a go with the long geeky process :-) thanks again to both of you for your help will let you know cheers Louis

• 11.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 01-19-2015 15:01
    the kb wasnt clear to me so below what i have done The way I enabled it on the test is server is the following 1. Run powershell as administrator 2. Copy past these lines New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\QBE_Dev\Production\AUHBS1STB0019V\AttendantData" -PropertyType MultiString -Name AttendantLanguages -Value en-AU New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\QBE_Dev\Production\AUHBS1STB0019V\AttendantData" -PropertyType MultiString -Name AttendantWaveIDs -Value "7000|VG7000.wav" New-Item "D:\I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-AU\7000" -type file New-Item "D:\I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-AU\VG7000.wav" -type file 3. Type this code to close powershell exit 4. Reboot the server explanation below.... New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\QBE_Dev\Production\AUHBS1STB0019V\AttendantData" -PropertyType MultiString -Name AttendantLanguages -Value en-AU It creates a new multi-string key in registry called AttendantLanguages and add the value en-AU which is the language used in CIC New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\QBE_Dev\Production\AUHBS1STB0019V\AttendantData" -PropertyType MultiString -Name AttendantWaveIDs -Value "7000|VG7000.wav" It creates a new multi-string key in registry called AttendantWaveIDs and add the value 7000|VG7000.wav. the 7000 is the message number and VG7000.wav the audio file. WE need a pair per message New-Item "D:\I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-AU\7000" -type file It creates a empty file without extension. New-Item "D:\I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-AU\VG7000.wav" -type file It creates an empty audio file. That was the bit missing from the KB

• 12.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2016 16:24
    Originally posted by lp.descamps;31829
    the kb wasnt clear to me so below what i have done New-Item "D:\I3\IC\Resources\InteractionAttendantWaves\en-AU\VG7000.wav" -type file It creates an empty audio file. That was the bit missing from the KB
    The KB tells you to write a number|wav pair...and in the example the .wav has a different name from the number. It's not asking you to create a new .wav file, but to assign a number that gets associated with each existing .wav in Attendant that you want to be able to re-record. That's something that is not at all clear in the KB. For example, if I want to re-record ICMainGreeting.wav (one of the default prompts included), I would create a pair of, say, 1500|ICMaingreeting.wav Anyway, sounds like you got it figured out.

• 13.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

Posted 11-24-2016 04:03
    I'm obviously missing something here but 5,9,2 doesn't get me to remote access. Is there a step needed to get remote access to work in the first place.

• 14.  RE: Message of the Day in IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 11-25-2016 19:55
    Originally posted by stigger;34355
    I'm obviously missing something here but 5,9,2 doesn't get me to remote access. Is there a step needed to get remote access to work in the first place.
    Remote Access is built into the default menu created in Interaction Attendant when you run Setup Assistant after installing Interaction Center. If someone changed the defaults then you will have to figure out which options get you to the initial Remote Access menu, which is where those other options are based.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources