PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  After Hours Product line for outages

Posted 09-12-2017 22:14
    I have been tasked with creating a after hours for Operations to be able to get ahold of the right group. Initially I thought I could just do a sequential workgroup and have Attendant route to it however I can't get attendant to transfer to anything but ACD. Round Robin, Sequential and group all don't work. I figured we'd just have everyone set their status to available forward and that would be that. Does anyone have a better way to accomplish this? Or maybe you know why I can't just transfer to a sequential workgroup? 2016 R3 Patch10. Thanks, Bryan

• 2.  RE: After Hours Product line for outages

Posted 09-13-2017 11:56
    One of the simplest solutions is to create a user account, set its status to Available, Follow-Me, and specify the list of phone numbers that should be called. Then configure Attendant to transfer calls to this user outside of regular business hours. The reason that this isn't so easy to setup as a queue is that this requires user accounts to be logged in and Available (not Available, Forward etc.). The most flexible solution is, of course, a custom handler application.

• 3.  RE: After Hours Product line for outages

GENESYS
    Posted 09-13-2017 12:57
    Originally posted by Bryandelacruz;35826
    I have been tasked with creating a after hours for Operations to be able to get ahold of the right group. Initially I thought I could just do a sequential workgroup and have Attendant route to it however I can't get attendant to transfer to anything but ACD. Round Robin, Sequential and group all don't work. I figured we'd just have everyone set their status to available forward and that would be that. Does anyone have a better way to accomplish this? Or maybe you know why I can't just transfer to a sequential workgroup? 2016 R3 Patch10. Thanks, Bryan
    In order for a user to receive calls via Round-Robin, Group Ring, or Sequential workgroups, their status has to be Available. So, when they set their status to Available, Forward, calls won't route to them.

• 4.  RE: After Hours Product line for outages

Posted 09-13-2017 20:38
    Makes sense 100%. I will give your suggestion a try and if that doesn't suffice I will have to try and experiment with Handler customization. Thank you.
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35828
    In order for a user to receive calls via Round-Robin, Group Ring, or Sequential workgroups, their status has to be Available. So, when they set their status to Available, Forward, calls won't route to them.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources