PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Media Server Appliance inquiry

Posted 10-25-2017 16:09
    Dear All, Has anyone tried before to host E1 boards like Sangoma with Media Server on the same server? I'm asking because as you know the virtualized Media Server is no longer supported which means adding boxes for media server & E1's Voice Gateways. In our area importing and support can be an issue for solutions like Audiocodes, Patton and Tenor which have on-board servers. Thanks in advance. Regards, Youssef Atef

• 2.  RE: Media Server Appliance inquiry

Posted 10-26-2017 07:51
    Hello All, I am new user for ININ, i have configured line but i am still not sure whether the configuration is correct or not. When i am dialing from interaction desktop in logs its showing, "line not available" and i just want to know how to use a line for a perticular workgroup. Please Help meraj

• 3.  RE: Media Server Appliance inquiry

Posted 10-26-2017 11:14
    A new SIP line generally requires 3 things: - A SIP line in the Lines container (minimum is to configure the name, domain, address for Identity (Out), transport (protocol, adapter, port), proxy (IP, port), and access (denied to all, explicit grant to IP of gateway) - A line group (configure as dial group, add new SIP line as member) - Dial plan entry (create new dial plan entry with desired input pattern, classification, standardized number (E.164), display string, and add dial group with appropriate dial string) If the configuration above is present (sounds like it probably is from your description), then the next place to check is the SIPEngine log (turned up to Notes) for an example outbound call attempt. Use a quick string filter for SIP/2.0 and look at the SIP messaging for the call attempt (if any). If there are messages present, they should help to point to one side or the other (CIC or gateway) as being the cause. If no messages, then look in TSServer log (also at Notes) to see why). Some common causes are a transport protocol mismatch (TCP vs. UDP), port mismatch, incorrect IP (either in gateway pointing to CIC or in CIC SIP line pointing to gateway), or incorrect outbound routing to PSTN in gateway.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources