PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Windows media player constantly takes over for .WAV extension from IC Voicemail playe

Posted 06-15-2015 17:53
    We have an issue in our company that every so often Windows Media Player will become the default handler of .WAV. I would say 99% of all our end users want Interaction Voice Mail Player to be the default handler of .WAV. This way in an email they double click the WAV file and the voice mail player can play this to their phone (they do not all have computer speakers, and if they did they do not want everyone to hear their voicemail outloud). I'm not entirely sure what in our environment keeps changing this file association back. I have a thought that it could be Windows Update, but I am not 100% sure of that. Does anyone know a way to prevent other applications from taking .WAV hostage from IC voicemail player? Even a simple registry script we could silently import at logon each time to change it back would be fine. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Windows media player constantly takes over for .WAV extension from IC Voicemail playe

Posted 06-15-2015 18:27
    My company users also experience the same situation. We do not see it happen to all users at the same time. So at least here, I don't believe this is due to windows updates. Otherwise all PCs which received the update would have .wav files re-associated with Windows Media Player. Curious if I3 has a way to lock the IC VM Player as the default.

• 3.  RE: Windows media player constantly takes over for .WAV extension from IC Voicemail playe

Posted 10-27-2015 20:12
    We had this same issue and never got it resolved. We checked over our GPO and made sure the settings were correct. I believe this is a defect that I hope is fixed in the next version.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources