PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

SMS handling & trying to capture activity

• 1.  SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 20:23
    Due to reasons (TM) we are trying to capture each SMS as it comes into/goes out of the system. I thought we had a handle on this, but apparently our method doesn't work if (a) the agent disconnects without replying and (b) on incoming texts (only outgoing). Can anyone offer advice on which handler(s) would be the best place to do a dip to snag *all* SMS being sent/received by agents? Also, if anyone can provide a diagram or list of handlers showing how SMS come into / go out of the system (ie, the missing documentation), that would be soooooo nice...

• 2.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 21:24
    I've just tried SMS Monitor Initiator after browsing thru the help some, but it doesn't fire when the far end phone texts in, just when Desktop texts out.

• 3.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 21:27
    Incoming SMS initiator doesn't work, either.

• 4.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 21:28
    There are three handlers I would put in debug: System_IncomingInteraction System_IncomingSMS System_IncomingSMSGenericObject I don't have SMS set up, so I can't test.

• 5.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 21:31
    I guess scratch that System_IncomingSMSGenericObject...I forgot that's a subroutine.

• 6.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 21:33
    I'm guessing it's System_IncomingInteraction, as there is a Query Media Subtype tool step in there which has an SMS path. Which, of course, you just tried...odd that it didn't fire. I'll have to do more digging. You are getting SMS routed to agents, correct?

• 7.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 21:34
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36109
    I'm guessing it's System_IncomingInteraction, as there is a Query Media Subtype tool step in there which has an SMS path.
    Nope. For an ongoing interaction (ie, an SMS message that hasn't been disconnected), it does not fire.

• 8.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 21:44
    It would only fire for a new SMS entering the system. Is that what you meant by ongoing interaction? (No handler will fire unless there is an event, such as a new SMS entering the system, or a transfer, or a disconnect). You might try the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler as well, which should catch every SMS that disconnects.

• 9.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 21:47
    For a transfer, try SystemSMSTransfer...though I doubt that's firing since it's under System_IncomingSMS

• 10.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 21:54
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36112
    It would only fire for a new SMS entering the system. Is that what you meant by ongoing interaction? (No handler will fire unless there is an event, such as a new SMS entering the system, or a transfer, or a disconnect). You might try the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler as well, which should catch every SMS that disconnects.
    The situation: The agent has a chat window open. A new SMS comes in from a customer. Whether or not CIC considers this a "new sms" entering the system is a mystery (thanks, documentation!) I want to capture that SMS as it comes into the system, via a handler: [ATTACH]889[/ATTACH] ObjectDisconnectMonitor doesn't fire when a new SMS comes in.

• 11.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 22:05
    In Interaction Administrator (IA) try going to the System Configuration container, Interaction Processor>Handlers sub-container. Right-click on the list of Handlers and select IP Manager. Click on the History tab, then click on the Times Run column to sort. (It only sorts by increasing order, so most run will be at the bottom. Zeroes at the top) Scroll down through to see if anything jumps out at you with GenericObject or SMS in the name.

• 12.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 22:12
    I have to head out, but will do a little more research tomorrow if you don't get it figured out.

• 13.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2017 22:15
    You can also turn up tracing on IP, take the Interaction ID of one of those SMS messages, and search for it in the IP log to figure out what handler path it goes through for a new one sent to the system.

• 14.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-24-2017 01:13
    CIC handles SMS messages in two different ways: - "one-and-done", I still haven't figure out all of the different possible scenarios for this - chat "conversation", looks like this always involves an ACD queue - in this scenario, I'm not certain that subsequent messages after the initial inbound message fire a handler (though they might - check IP log), it looks like they are handled like a web chat conversation (in fact they are "Chat" media type) I have not yet figured out a way to initiate a "conversation" for an outbound SMS message. So far, these all look like "one-and-done" messages as well. When, oh when, will Genesys make SMS a REAL media type and not a shirt-tail chat?

• 15.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2017 19:08
    Dave, according to a developer for SMS, "If an agent sends an outbound SMS message, it will still be through the “legacy” SMS dialog. However, the agent’s text will now be saved to the database, and if the receiver responds, the agent’s text will be retrieved and inserted into the chat created for the inbound SMS messages. So that “conversation” will start with that “legacy” SMS dialog, but will transition to the chat dialog." I don't know what version that started with.

• 16.  RE: SMS handling & trying to capture activity

Posted 10-23-2017 21:32
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36106
    There are three handlers I would put in debug: System_IncomingInteraction System_IncomingSMS System_IncomingSMSGenericObject I don't have SMS set up, so I can't test.
    System_IncomingSMS = poo System_IncomingInteraction = poo System_IncomingSMSGenericObject = poo Booooo :(

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources