PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-13-2018 17:54
    We have discovered data missing from our ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory table and after months of investigation have narrowed it down to SQL Deadlocks. I am not sure there is anything we can do, i just curious if anybody else has experienced this and if they found any way around it. Thank you, Scott

• 2.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-14-2018 13:44
    Scott, First off what version of CIC are you running along with SU level or P level? There were some dialer SCRs which I believe dealt with deadlocks so maybe you are running into one of them. Typically nothing is lost in the database and the files will get saved in the PMQ folder on the CIC server. Have you looked in the dialer PMQ folders to see if you have a bunch of .err files in there?

• 3.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-14-2018 14:11
    Hi Mark, Sorry, should have put that information in. When i first discovered the issue we were running on 2016 R4 patch 5, but 2 weeks ago upgraded to 2018 R1 Patch 5 and still seeing the deadlock issue. I did look through the SCR's for Deadlock and didn't see any that affected those 2 version or for the ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory table. Though i will be honest i am not confident i search correctly for the SCR's. Thank you, Scott

• 4.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-15-2018 10:14
    Scott, You may need to set up SQL profiler on the SQL server to watch for deadlocks and show you what 2 queries are bumping into each other. Did you go look in the PMQ folders on the IC server to see if there are files in the dialer folder? You could potentially see what query was being killed by looking at the dialer trans logs to see what query is being killed. This may be one you have to open a ticket with Genesys for as deadlocks are not normal and you may be running into a known issue, although with you running into this on 2 different versions I would think it is something site specific.

• 5.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-15-2018 13:29
    It looks like we have that enabled and its the same Query coming from our Marquee, which would be site specific as you mentioned. I do have a ticket open with our Vendor on this issue, i just thought i would see if other have seen or hit this. I think i read in a document something about PMQ and needing to run a command if there was a certain file type, so i will investigate the folder. Thank you for the information Mark! Thank you, Scott

• 6.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-15-2018 14:54
    What is Marquee trying to pull out of the call history table? It is possible you can modify the Marquee query so it does not lock the table while dialer is attempting to update it.

• 7.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2018 16:13
    Originally posted by MarkT;36873
    What is Marquee trying to pull out of the call history table? It is possible you can modify the Marquee query so it does not lock the table while dialer is attempting to update it.
    Yes, definitely make sure that anything accessing the Call History table does not lock it or any portion of it while accessing the table. I've seen that cause all kinds of mess in the field before.

• 8.  RE: DB Deadlocks on ININ_DIALER_40.CallHistory

Posted 03-15-2018 17:18
    Originally posted by MarkT;36873
    Our DBA and Vendor came to the same conclusion and I am investigation that now. Once i find where the SQL query that the Marquee server is running i will edit it so it doesn't put a lock on it the file.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources