PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get IceLib Interaction from Add-In IInteraction

Posted 01-12-2017 16:46
    Hello, I'm trying to get a ININ.Icelib.Interactions.Interaction out of a ININ.InteractionClient.AddIn.Interaction instance received from InteractionAdded callback. I managed to do it with reflection, but I'd be much happier if there is some proper way to do this. I tried to create a new Interaction instance using InteractionsManager and passing in the interaction id, but the Interaction Desktop crashes from unhandled exception (un-catchable). This is my code: protected override void InteractionAdded(IInteraction interaction) { Interaction ilInteraction = interactionsManager.CreateInteraction(new InteractionId(interaction.InteractionId)); ... } It crashes right after returning from that function. Has anyone encountered this kind of behaviour or does anybody know how to get the exception that occurs inside ID? (try-catch block doesn't do the trick) Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Get IceLib Interaction from Add-In IInteraction

Posted 12-11-2017 18:28
    Originally posted by matejkaj;34626
    Hello, I'm trying to get a ININ.Icelib.Interactions.Interaction out of a ININ.InteractionClient.AddIn.Interaction instance received from InteractionAdded callback. I managed to do it with reflection, but I'd be much happier if there is some proper way to do this. I tried to create a new Interaction instance using InteractionsManager and passing in the interaction id, but the Interaction Desktop crashes from unhandled exception (un-catchable). This is my code: protected override void InteractionAdded(IInteraction interaction) { Interaction ilInteraction = interactionsManager.CreateInteraction(new InteractionId(interaction.InteractionId)); ... } It crashes right after returning from that function. Has anyone encountered this kind of behaviour or does anybody know how to get the exception that occurs inside ID? (try-catch block doesn't do the trick) Thanks!
    I think your problem here is that interaction.InteractionId is a string try parsing it to a long and all should be well.

• 3.  RE: Get IceLib Interaction from Add-In IInteraction

Posted 12-14-2017 10:55
    Originally posted by Raleigh;36386
    I think your problem here is that interaction.InteractionId is a string try parsing it to a long and all should be well.
    That should not be the case, since InteractionId construction from string is also supported: https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icelib/webhelp/html/1ce78383-dcad-3a3c-a8bb-bcbb7fd8b923.htm

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources