PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  I3 SIP Phone Help

Posted 11-01-2017 14:26
    Hello, I am actually an end-user seeking help from this board for my current setup. I am not sure if anyone can help me, but its worth a shot as my IT Dept just keeps telling me to pound sand. My current issue is specifically with the SIP Phone and a "Create Certificate" error. This error arose when my Windows 10 installed the latest KB updates and I cannot get past this screen. The latest update cannot be removed so I am left unable to connect to my sip phone because of this. I even went as far as buying a separate hard drive and doing a fresh install of windows 7 (with all current updates) but even as far as that is concerned I get the "create certificate" error so I am guessing that the latest windows 7 updates create this problem as well. Is there a simple file I can download and/or a workaround that could get me up and running? My local version of the ICUserApps is SU14-ES_IC-98380 and I am only using these apps specifically for the smart phone only.

• 2.  RE: I3 SIP Phone Help

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2017 14:55
    In the Certificate creation window have you tried entering you IC username and IC voicemail password (not your Windows login)? If the phone was working before updates, I am hoping it would still be configured properly on the back end, and the IC login should allow the certificate creation.

• 3.  RE: I3 SIP Phone Help

Posted 11-01-2017 15:37
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36188
    In the Certificate creation window have you tried entering you IC username and IC voicemail password (not your Windows login)? If the phone was working before updates, I am hoping it would still be configured properly on the back end, and the IC login should allow the certificate creation.
    Yes I have. I received the proper login credentials for I3 from my IT Dept, but when I enter them it just repops the box up to enter my credentials.

• 4.  RE: I3 SIP Phone Help

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2017 15:44
    Did IT try to log in using an account with Administrator rights in IC, rather then just your account? (Or, does your account have admin rights?). Just wondering if that makes a difference. I haven't found anything in writing yet.

• 5.  RE: I3 SIP Phone Help

Posted 11-01-2017 16:42
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36190
    Did IT try to log in using an account with Administrator rights in IC, rather then just your account? (Or, does your account have admin rights?). Just wondering if that makes a difference. I haven't found anything in writing yet.
    They are rather unhelpful. They would just rather tell me our version of I3 is not supported under windows 10, even though I successfully used it within windows 10 for about 2 years by preventing windows 10 from upgrading. Since windows 10 bypassed me telling it to not upgrade I now have this create certificate issue. I saw another thread on here making mention of a PEM file but I dont know where I can get this or where I would put it. Is there any possibility of me downloading an updated sip soft phone client but my company not having to update their serverside software?

• 6.  RE: I3 SIP Phone Help

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2017 16:52
    No, the Soft Phone is part of the User Applications install package, and you cannot download that package on your own.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources