PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

Posted 09-07-2017 15:59
    We are currently using CIC 2015 R2 and Interaction Scripter .NET and Interaction Client .NET software (possibly upgrading to CIC 2017 R3 in next few months, but my understanding is still will be using Interaction Scripter .NET client software). But my question is with inbound calls, is there a way to have the wrapping up of a call be done within the inbound custom script hosted in Interaction Scripter vs. using the pop-up window displayed on top of Interaction Client .NET? (that displays if you set the Wrap-up Active checkbox in Wrap-up Codes tab of Workgroup Configuration in Interaction Administrator). Other than storing in a custom database table (want to have it stored in InteractionWrapup database table still). Looks like there used to be some IceLib ClientInteraction.SetWrapUpCodeID methods available, but they are now marked as obsolete. (I have not used IceLib yet or taken any courses on it, so not yet familiar with this API.)

• 2.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-07-2017 16:09
    Use IS_Action_CallComplete and set the wrapupcode attribute https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/scripter_dg/desktop/is_action_callcomplete.htm I am pretty sure that gives you what you want, presuming you have a custom Inbound script for the agent in the Scripter client. You would also have to have a control in the custom script for the agent to choose a Wrap-up code...

• 3.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

Posted 09-07-2017 17:55
    My understanding and per my testing is that only applies to outbound/dialer calls. It definitely doesn't update the InteractionWrapUp database table that is updated when the wrap-up pop-up window in Interaction Client is used.

• 4.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-07-2017 18:09
    Bummer. I didn't have a system set up to try it out. Sorry!

• 5.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

Posted 09-08-2017 13:25
    I thought this could be done by setting an attribute on the Interaction, and then I saw the following snippet in the Interaction Attributes guide.
    Interactive Intelligence strongly recommends that users do not override default Eic_WrapUpCode functionality. Unless set in the specific format as shown below, setting the Eic_WrapUpCode call attribute in CIC 4.0, CIC 2015 R1, and subsequent releases, crashes Notifier. Due to wrap-up changes in CIC 4.0, best practice dictates that the Eic_WrapUpCode should not be set.

• 6.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-08-2017 15:54
    Second suggestion, going back to IceLib... View the documentation at https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icelib/webhelp/index.html Specifically, ININ.IceLib.Interactions Namespace, WrapUpAssignment Class. There is a lot of good info on developer.genesys.com under PureConnect.

• 7.  RE: How to wrap-up inbound calls in Interaction Scripter custom script vs. using pop-up?

Posted 09-08-2017 17:42
    Ok, thanks all. Yes, I had noticed that IceLIB namespace and WrapUpAssignment class, but had not got as far as trying that out. We've put this on hold/as a lower priority for now also.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources