PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recorder Server - RegionDefaultLocation

Posted 04-03-2017 19:51
    I just upgraded from 2015R4_P3 to 2017R2_P1 and I now see this new item all over my server application event log: All available directories in region <RegionDefaultLocation> have less than 5GB of free space. Does anyone know where this configuration item might be found in IA? I definitely have plenty of space on my volumes. Tried searching the Recorder Technical documentation and can't find this specific reference. Thanks Guy

• 2.  RE: Recorder Server - RegionDefaultLocation

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2017 14:12
    There is a known issue in 2107R2, IC-142457, where a tester saw this behavior after running Setup Assistant without configuring Recorder. That said, I checked my saved settings from the run of SA when I installed however many versions ago (and eventually upgraded to 2017R2), and I configured Recorder back then...but since then changed to a different Recordings folder (which shouldn't have mattered, since both the old an new locations have plenty of space). Anyway, you might have to prod Support on this one. Supposed to be fixed in 2017R3. I tried resetting the Setup Assistant completion flag to 0, ran through Setup Assistant and configured Recorder again using the share on the RCS this time. I am no longer getting those warnings. I searched and found a setting in the registry I don’t remember seeing before…may have just missed it…but under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\CustomerSite\Production\Interaction Recorder there is a Default Compressed Recordings Directory parameter set to the share I configured in SA. I’m guessing that is the controlling setting, based on the Event log warning. You might be able to just set (or create and set) that parameter to get rid of the warnings. May have to restart recorderserver.

• 3.  RE: Recorder Server - RegionDefaultLocation

Posted 04-14-2017 14:20
    George, Thanks for the note. Who doesn't like to see clean CIC Application event log! Reached out to my vendor and, while being an email only shop, we had to create a Default Rentention Policy. Go figure! Just specified to store media at the usual D:\IC\I3\Recordings location and guess what? It cleared the numerous application event warnings. We just went to 2017R2 so your research was right on! Looking forward to R3 on May2. Guy Digi-Key

• 4.  RE: Recorder Server - RegionDefaultLocation

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2017 15:00
    Good to hear that worked. I already had a Default Retention Policy on mine, but it was from before the upgrade and perhaps needed to be edited or re-created after the upgrade...I dunno.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources