PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-16-2017 20:37
    Hello, We are seeing this error on a large number of screen recordings in our system. Has anyone seen this or have thoughts on what may be the cause? Eventually the screen recording will become viewable. Thanks

• 2.  RE: Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-17-2017 03:17
    Usually for us this message appears whilst the Screen Capture is still being uploaded by the agent's PC to the recording server/content storage. You can check on the agent's PC under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Interactive Intelligence\ScreenRecs and if there any any files in this folder they are still be processed by the Screen Capture Transfer Service. Also if the user shuts down the PC before the upload has finished, the Screen Capture won't be uploaded until the next time they log onto the PC. How long of a delay are you experiencing?

• 3.  RE: Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-17-2017 15:44
    I usually see a error stating the recording is still in progress in that situation. These recordings are days old. Another a bit of info is a recording from today will be viewable while one from a few days ago will not for the same agent.

• 4.  RE: Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-18-2017 03:00
    The Media URI refers to the location of the recording. It should be stored in the location defined in the Recorder policies in IA - Recorder. If the recording is not in the configured location, you get that error. To find where the recording is, search IR_RecordingMedia table in the DB for the RecordingID. There is a field called MediaURI that shows the location of the recording. If it's a screen recording, you'll likely see the field populated with 'scrrec://[username]@[machinename]...' which means it has not processed off of the user's machine. If it's an audio file you may see 'http://...' which means it has not processed off of the media server. If it's blank, either no policies applied to it, or the purge policy that applied is configured to purge only media (so it left the record in the db), or...something else. :) The most common reasons I've seen for this is the disk space for the storage location is filled, there's a network issue transferring the recording from where ever it is, or the ScreenCaptureTransferU service is not running on the user's machine.

• 5.  RE: Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-22-2017 20:25
    Our vendor had me run this Query: Select count(*) from IR_RecordingMedia where MediaURI like 'scrrec%' and recordingdate < getdate() Returns that there is 14,000+ orphaned recordings. Does that tell us our system is under sized?

• 6.  RE: Failed to retrieve the media URI from the system. Unable to play the recording

Posted 08-23-2017 13:34
    I'm not familiar with that specific query but I would be looking at the logs to see why these recordings are not getting processed. Maybe some of the stations can't reach the RCS server to deposit their screen recordings on the server. Depending on your setup you can setup regions for your RCS servers so that the RCS server in the same physical location as the agents having their screens recorded is used to save the recording. Also, maybe you are undersized and the screen recordings catch up. Why not modify your query like this so you can get a count per day: /* Warning this query comes with no warranty, I'm not responsible for any damage it may cause Returns the number of screen recordings that have not been processed grouped by day */ Select convert(varchar,convert(date, recordingdate,103),101) as "Date", count(1) as "Count" from IR_RecordingMedia where MediaURI like 'scrrec%' and recordingdate < getdate() group by convert(varchar,convert(date, recordingdate,103),101) Run this query for a few days and save your results and look to see if the number ever goes down for the previous days.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources