PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

Posted 08-31-2017 19:00
    We have recently migrated to Office 365. The Voicemail Tab on the client works fine if you are running Office 2010. Some of my users are running Office 2013 and the voicemail tab is taking upwards of 6 minutes to populate the voicemails on the Interaction Desktop Tab. Are there any settings we can configure or something to improve the performance? My users can listen to them via email, but ever now and then a Microsoft patch comes along and changes the .wav file association.

• 2.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

Posted 09-01-2017 14:07
    I don't believe that the version of office has anything to do with the voicemail tab but I could be wrong. Can you look at how large the user's mailbox is as well as check to see how many emails they have in their inbox. Also which version of CIC are you running?

• 3.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

Posted 09-01-2017 17:59
    2016 R4 Patch 12 The issue is we just went to Office 365. The users that are still on Office 2010 desktop still see their email in individual folders. When we move them to Office 2013 all the folders and emails appear in the INBOX. So everyone's INBOX is going to be huge.

• 4.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

GENESYS
    Posted 09-01-2017 18:06
    How are you connecting to Exchange? Via EWS or via MAPI?

• 5.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

Posted 09-01-2017 18:30
    We connect via EWS.

• 6.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

GENESYS
    Posted 09-01-2017 19:01
    It sounds like slow communications across the Internet between your IC server and the Office 365 network... Have you turned up tracing on the PostOfficeServer subsystem and exchangeewsconnector subsystem logs and checked to see if there is any indication of a communication slowdown?

• 7.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Voicemail Tab Delay

GENESYS
    Posted 09-02-2017 13:12
    Using EWS, CIC sends a reqest to Exchange to query the voicemails in the user's Inbox, specifically by having Exchange filter for items of type IPM.Note.I3Vox. Filtering on the Exchange side rather than within CIC generally improves performance. What you can do is filter the EWS Connector log (turned up to All) for an EwsRequest containing the string IPM.Note.I3Vox, with the Mailbox attribute filtered for the user's email address. Bookmark that EWS Request (the EwsRequest log entry itself and not the EwsRequestHttpsHeaders) and make a note of the thread it was sent on. Unfilter the log and then filter it on that thread and find the first EwsResponse on that thread after the bookmarked request. That is the response to the bookmarked request. If you look at the time gap between them, you can see what the round-trip time was for that request going to Exchange and the response coming back. Generally for an on-premise Exchange server, we'd want to see that in the order of 50-100ms, dependent on your architecture. For O365, the response time is typically longer, but typically we'd like to see a few hundred ms and certainly not a response time measured in seconds.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources