PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-08-2017 16:08
    We are doing some of our own reporting, and want to be able to pull SMS "chat" transcript into that report that will show each SMS message, with timestamp and sender. (ideally we'd be doing this on the fly via handlers, but for whatever reason webchat is a closed non-handler system) I can see something that looks like this when I search for an interaction in ICBM and view the "recording", which pops up the transcript with exactly what we want to pull: [ATTACH]904[/ATTACH] Can anyone tell me where to find this data in the I3 DB?

• 2.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-08-2017 19:54
    IR_RecordingMedia.MediaURI has the path to the recording media. Not sure about the data format in the file.

• 3.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-12-2017 18:27
    Originally posted by tcannon;36379
    IR_RecordingMedia.MediaURI has the path to the recording media. Not sure about the data format in the file.
    Thanks... but I can't even see a way to link that to an interaction ID so I can find out if the recording data format is digestible or not :( How does one associate an entry with a particular interaction?

• 4.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-12-2017 18:35
    FYI, I tried looking for SMS recordings by their Interaction ID on field [QueueObjectIdKey], but that's turned up nothing.

• 5.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-14-2017 14:56
    Thanks Tim. However, it's in an sasf format - how can I export it to something sane? I see IceLIB is being used by some for this, but there are zero details on *how* to do that :P

• 6.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-14-2017 15:20
    See the Blog post, Retrieving-Recorder-Recordings-via-IceLib. It has instructions on retrieving recordings from IceLib. There is also a sample app hosted on their GitHub Git Link. Using this is as a base, I was able to retrieve call and email interactions. I have not tested this with any chats, and we do not have any SMS coming in, so I can not promise what you may get back.

• 7.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-14-2017 15:25
    Originally posted by Seanatron;36401
    See the Blog post, Retrieving-Recorder-Recordings-via-IceLib. It has instructions on retrieving recordings from IceLib. There is also a sample app hosted on their GitHub Git Link. Using this is as a base, I was able to retrieve call and email interactions. I have not tested this with any chats, and we do not have any SMS coming in, so I can not promise what you may get back.
    Spiffy, thanks for the starting point! Much obliged :)

• 8.  RE: Where to find the web chat recording transcripts in the DB?

Posted 12-14-2017 17:07
    Originally posted by Seanatron;36401
    The sample app worked like a charm, thanks - it downloads the SMS "webchats" as .txt files quite nicely :)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources