PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 19:09
    Hi, we are running CIC 2017 R3 Patch 9. We have third party that will handle our payments using our IVR script in place. They will house the Credit Card numbers and send us a token to use to apply the payments on our system. We are still using our IVR to collect the information while they monitor our lines. We are asked to send some digits to tell them to listen to the next input from the caller. What is the best way to send these digits and caller not hearing them. Pretty much carry on a series of digits without the caller hear them. I am using Mute, send digits, get connected digits back, unmute, prompt the credit card info, mute, send terminate digits, get back terminate digits back, unmute and proceed with normal processing of the payment with validation. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

• 2.  RE: Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 19:36
    Ok, You say that they "monitor your lines". Does that mean they are essentially listening in to the call, or do you have a separate call to them that is conferenced in? Assuming the former, then you have no way to send information to them such that the caller can't hear it (unless I'm missing something here). If the latter, I assume you are just muting the conference "leg" to the customer and not to the payment processor?

• 3.  RE: Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 19:45
    Thanks for the quick response! Yes, basically it listens for tones such as #881. Sort of like "Hey Google" Or SIRI. When I send #881, it triggers them to listen for the next set of digits, they will mask, which will be credit card Number. After I get those, I send #882 for them to stop listening and they send me the token numbers as input. If I use the 'Mute' tool, will that prevent the caller from hearing the digits being done in background?

• 4.  RE: Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 19:53
    I see, but my question is, are they actually listening to the call directly (as in the call goes "through" them) or is it a conference with, essentially, two external calls (customer and Payment Service). I am assuming the former from how you describe the service. In this case there is nothing you can do since you only have one call to send the DTMF tones to. I suspect (but you need to check with the service provider) that they will handle masking the customer from hearing the control tones in much the same way as they mask you from hearing the card number. I would ask them if they have other customers using IC and, if so, how those customers handle it.

• 5.  RE: Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 20:02
    I see what you are asking. We understand it that they are monitoring our lines and are waiting for us to send the Listen Code of #881 and not a conference call. I ran a test while I am not connected to their system and I hear the tones. They are in the process of setting up their equipment. You have given me some of the questions I will need to ask about the process. We have a small window to set this up so I was doing my due diligence. Once I get ALL the information, I will repost here to let you know the way it works! Thanks for your time! Dale

• 6.  RE: Sending touch tone digits without caller hearing them

Posted 12-27-2017 20:04
    Hey, no problem! I look forward to hearing how it goes :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources