PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Attendant: Monitor Mailbox

Posted 01-10-2018 13:48
    Hello, The requirement is to monitor a Mailbox, pop up the emails in those mail box in the Interaction Desktop for a logged in Agent. I have added by mailbox within the Administrator: Mail --> configuration --> Attendant Mailbox. I have created a Workgroup which receives Email interaction and I have specified the folder which it needs to look into under ACD --> Routing. Then I created a Profile in Email Attendant which looks at my mailbox under the Monitored Mailbox section and route them to Workgroup. So now, i assume: the email which are in the folder specified under Workgroup Routing, will be popped up for me in the Interaction Desktop. BUT..!! it is picking emails from my Inbox directly and not from the specified folder inside Inbox. And on top of that, it even deletes the email entry from my Inbox! How can i force it to pick the emails in the specified Folder and not Inbox? And how can i stop it from deleting the email entry from my inbox (which was popped within Interaction Desktop)? Thanks in advance! Shilpa

• 2.  RE: Email Attendant: Monitor Mailbox

GENESYS
    Posted 01-10-2018 16:41
    You have set up the email routing twice (meaning, IC has two different ways of routing email, and you enabled both of them for the same workgroup). Do you need the Attendant functionality? If so, you don't get to specify the folder, and will have to just route email from the Inbox on the specified mailbox. In that case, disable the email routing on the ACD tab in the workgroup configuration. If you don't need the Attendant functionality, then leave the workgroup email enabled on the ACD tab, which allows you to choose the folder, and delete the email profile in Attendant for that workgroup.

• 3.  RE: Email Attendant: Monitor Mailbox

Posted 01-12-2018 06:59
    Got it! Thanks a lot. Also, there are email which are already queued up for this defined workgroup. Is there a way to stop/delete those email from queue? Because if i login to Interaction Desktop, i still see my Inbox email being picked up and popped up for me. I am not able to delete the Workgroup as well - it says Interactions are queued for this Workgroup-cannot delete. Can we configure not to delete popped up emails from Inbox/Folder? Is it available somewhere? Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Email Attendant: Monitor Mailbox

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2018 15:29
    Once an email has been popped, I don't know of a way to avoid it being deleted from the Inbox if you disconnect it. It would be better to log out all agents. probably stop the ACDServer subsystem in IC System Manager, and move all the emails from the Inbox to another folder. Then restart ACDServer. If any emails continue to come to agents, let them timeout rather than connect. That will halt all ACD processing for the server while you have ACDServer shut down, so it needs to be done during off hours. If you can't do that, then you can have the agents forward popped emails to another mailbox, in which case they will be deleted from the original mailbox but not deleted from the system. Once the queued emails are all out of the queue, you can move those ones back to the Inbox, realizing that the From address will now be the system email, not the original sender. Sorry I don't have a great solution for you...that's the best I can come up with for now.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources