PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-08-2017 13:35
    We are having troubles with some users losing their Interaction Desktop settings from time to time (not sure why, but that's a separate question). And some users just make mistakes when deleting a view and accidentally deleting all instead. Some of these users have worked hard with configuring their views and columns etc, and we would like to offer them a possibility of getting those settings back easily. Where are these settings stored, and is there a way of using file backup and restoring from that to restore their settings? It has previously been possible to remove the users catalogue from the server under \I3\IC\ClientSettings and then restoring the settings file under AppData\Roaming\Interactive Intelligence\InteractionDesktop from a time previous to the mistake and starting Interaction Desktop again with the old settings back. But this doesn't seem to work anymore, they still get a "blank page" when opening Intercation Desktop. Any suggestions? Using Interaction Desktop CIC 2017 R1 Patch 4

• 2.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-08-2017 23:34
    On the Interaction log in screen, there is a little folder, left of [Log in] allows saving and loading stored profiles.

• 3.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-09-2017 07:32
    Yes, but that only stores the login settings for a user, right? (Or am I misunderstanding this function?) I'm looking for a way to store/backup or restore the Interaction Desktop Interface settings (Workspaces, Tabs, Views, Columns). We have a basic Template that users can revert to if they lose their settings, but most users have full rights to create their own settings in Interaction Desktop, and customizes it, and we cannot make Templates for all users. I'm thinking since these customized Interaction Desktop settings are stored somewhere, there could be a way to restore them from a file backup (server side or user side or a combination)
    Originally posted by Chaz Holmes;36249
    On the Interaction log in screen, there is a little folder, left of [Log in] allows saving and loading stored profiles.

• 4.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-09-2017 14:11
    The user configuration is stored on the CIC server in a ZIP file. D:\I3\IC\ClientSettings\<UserID>\PersonalStorage\ApplicationSettings. You should be able to copy these files and add them back in. The way I understand it is every time the client launches it connects to the server to get this configuration file so it should pick up the file on next login. The client does keep a local copy of the configurations somewhere as well but I forget where.

• 5.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-17-2017 14:01
    No sorry, doesn't work. I've tried restoring these folders/files but no luck. I've also tried restoring the local copy under roaming but no luck. So I'm missing some location or file or cache that also stores these values. Would be great to find them! :-)
    Originally posted by MarkT;36253
    The user configuration is stored on the CIC server in a ZIP file. D:\I3\IC\ClientSettings\<UserID>\PersonalStorage\ApplicationSettings. You should be able to copy these files and add them back in. The way I understand it is every time the client launches it connects to the server to get this configuration file so it should pick up the file on next login. The client does keep a local copy of the configurations somewhere as well but I forget where.

• 6.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

GENESYS
    Posted 11-17-2017 14:26
    Some of the settings (like which views are open in the interface) are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Interactive Intelligence\InteractionDesktop\1.0\[username] (And, of course, under the corresponding key under HKEY_USERS)

• 7.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-20-2017 14:32
    I'm guessing something in the security settings or some other function on the computer is resetting the views.

• 8.  RE: Backup/restoring user settings in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-30-2017 17:58
    These xml are stored in the following areas: This is a known issue on the self-help for .net client CIC D:\I3\IC\Work\Users\USERNAME\PersonalStorage\ApplicationSettings Appears to be the working copy. Created upon user log in. D:\I3\IC\ClientSettings\USER NAME\PersonalStorage\ApplicationSettings Appears to be the last saved. Created upon log out. CLIENT C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Interactive Intelligence\IceLib\SERVER A NAME_SERVER B NAME\AppSettings\USERNAME\ Appears to be transported to and from CIC. I am working on an issue where one user out of 350 can't save last views, so probably a local issue with access rights to this directory.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources