PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

Posted 09-17-2016 13:31
    Good morning. We are running CIC 4.0 SU3 and I have some calls that are coming from Attendant into a handler. When certain criteria are met I would like to route these calls to a different Attendant profile. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make this work. I haven't had much exposure to designer or handlers, so if someone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

• 2.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2016 04:08
    This thread has a couple of ways: http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?5725-quot-Jump-quot-from-a-custom-handler-to-a-profile-in-Attendant. It presumes you know your way around Attendant and Handlers...you may need to get some help, there. InIn has a web-based class for Basic Handlers which also covers a little bit of Attendant, as well as a web-based Attendant class.

• 3.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

Posted 09-19-2016 11:51
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34009
    This thread has a couple of ways: http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?5725-quot-Jump-quot-from-a-custom-handler-to-a-profile-in-Attendant. It presumes you know your way around Attendant and Handlers...you may need to get some help, there. InIn has a web-based class for Basic Handlers which also covers a little bit of Attendant, as well as a web-based Attendant class.
    Thank you, I tried setting the IntAtt_LocalTN to the DNIS of the Attendant Profile and then routing to the IntAttIncomingCall subroutine, and also the GetProfile and setting the IntAtt_KeyPath attribute and then dropping to System queue. Oddly enough the call seems to be bouncing between the originating section of Attendant and the new profile. So it's processing both pieces of call flow logic on the active call.

• 4.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

Posted 09-19-2016 14:07
    I figured it out, the b_transferred was set to false so the IVR was acting all crazy trying to process both paths.

• 5.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2016 14:16
    Yeah, that little detail can really get you...

• 6.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

Posted 09-21-2021 19:23
    George, 
    Do you have an updated link for that thread? I tried it and it just takes me back to the main Genesys page. Running into a similar issue here. 
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Handler to route call to different Attendant profile

Posted 09-22-2021 17:47
    Hi Tony, I have an answer that may be of some help.

You can transfer a call to the Inbound Interaction Attendant DNIS-based profile via handler using the following logic:
    • Add a new "Set Attribute" step with the attribute name "IntAtt_LocalTn" and with the DNIS value (I used\set a DNIS that would not be used in normal DNIS routing, e.g. 456456) of the Attendant profile;
    • Next add "IntAttIncomingCall" subroutine from Subroutines -> Interaction Attendant and it is done :)
    The "IntAttIncomingCall" is going to get the value of the "IntAtt_LocalTn" attribute and transfer the call to the profile configured with the matching DNIS.

Thank you,
    Ben

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources