PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Best way to re-queue an interaction in CustomACDInitiateProcessing?

Posted 02-07-2017 22:24
    I have some processing that does things such as alter ACD weights, assigns skills and such like. However, it may also want to route an interaction to a different agent or workgroup than the one currently targeted. I can think of two ways to do so in a handler: (1) the blind transfer tool and (2) changing the call attributes Eic_Workgroup and Eic_WorkgroupName. Which would make more sense in this context? I would think #2

• 2.  RE: Best way to re-queue an interaction in CustomACDInitiateProcessing?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2017 22:45
    Sorry, stuck in a meeting...hoping someone else can pitch in... I can't remember which attribute sets the workgroup on an ACD call. ACD Initiate Processing is the tool step which actually sets the skills and weights and Priority and other settings on the call and kicks off the ACD processing, puts the call on the queue. A Blind Transfer can be used to send the call to an agent directly, before it goes into ACD processing. Any transfer you do in CustomACDInitiateProcessing is before the call actually enters ACD processing, so the call will not be counted by the ACD and Queue reports.

• 3.  RE: Best way to re-queue an interaction in CustomACDInitiateProcessing?

Posted 02-07-2017 23:09
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34743
    Sorry, stuck in a meeting...hoping someone else can pitch in... I can't remember which attribute sets the workgroup on an ACD call. ACD Initiate Processing is the tool step which actually sets the skills and weights and Priority and other settings on the call and kicks off the ACD processing, puts the call on the queue. A Blind Transfer can be used to send the call to an agent directly, before it goes into ACD processing. Any transfer you do in CustomACDInitiateProcessing is before the call actually enters ACD processing, so the call will not be counted by the ACD and Queue reports.
    No worries, you're under no obligation to reply to me at all much less on demand :) It was more that the thread had gotten off topic, so I thought I'd split it off. Good to know about the reporting; I will concentrate on changing the call attributes then unless someone else chimes in. Thanks for all your help so far!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources