PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Failed to initiate calls

Posted 08-29-2017 17:15
    Dear All, When trying to mask calls from my Interaction Desktop, I got busy tone and the call logs showing "Media Server Resources Unavailable To Reach Your Station" as the image [ATTACH]863[/ATTACH] shown. Did any one encountered this issue before ? also I checked the event viewer and found error with Media Server API as image [ATTACH]864[/ATTACH] shown. Appreciate your comments and thanks in advance. Regards, Youssef

• 2.  RE: Failed to initiate calls

Posted 08-30-2017 09:32
    Hello youssef, Looks like your media server is not functioning somehow .. Please check the following: 1- Media Server service is UP and running. 2- Media Server License is not Expired and still with the same host ID. 3- Media Server Certificate is trusted within Pure Connect. 4- Sessions are Active with Pure Connect. 5- If all 4 points are Ok with you , try to raise the Logs and get more details about the issue. Thanks, Aly Nofal Senior System Engineer

• 3.  RE: Failed to initiate calls

Posted 08-30-2017 09:57
    Hi Aly, Thanks for your reply I did all the below steps you mentioned and nothing work with me as well I tried to remove media server session and re create it also tried to create media server session with another CIC, but I got the same error. Meanwhile, I will review the logs. Thanks, Youssef Atef

• 4.  RE: Failed to initiate calls

Posted 08-30-2017 13:31
    I haven't seen that error before but I'm wondering if there is a regionalization setting. Do you maybe have regions set up and don't have any media server available for the user who is trying to make a call through the client?

• 5.  RE: Failed to initiate calls

Posted 08-30-2017 13:42
    Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply I didn't set any regionalization setting, I just have a default region contain both IC server & Media server. Also I tried to set a new IC server and register it with that Media server, but I got the same error ! Thanks, Youssef

• 6.  RE: Failed to initiate calls

GENESYS
    Posted 09-02-2017 14:34
    It looks like you're on version 2017 R1 P05 and based on the event log error, I think you're hitting IC-141490. This is a Media Server SCR fixed in 2017 R1 P13 2017 R2 P07 2017 R3 P00 If you apply the latest patch for 2017 R1 to the Media Server, you should be able to place calls again.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources