PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Softphone workaround for use with thin clients

Posted 01-04-2018 15:35
    Does anyone know of a way to assign the softphones to the thin client name instead of the PC name? My issue is we are moving to thin clients and using VDIs. The problem comes in where you have to assign the softphone to the computer name. Since the VDIs are in a large pool, there is no guarantee the agent will log into the same VDI every time and therefore not getting the same number.

• 2.  RE: Softphone workaround for use with thin clients

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2018 15:56
    Just wondering...why do you care what number is assigned to the station the agent is using? IC uses the User extension for sending calls to a person, not the station extension. Also, the station extension is not used for routing ACD calls to an agent. Why would anyone have to call the station extension to reach a particular agent?

• 3.  RE: Softphone workaround for use with thin clients

Posted 01-04-2018 16:04
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36552
    Just wondering...why do you care what number is assigned to the station the agent is using? IC uses the User extension for sending calls to a person, not the station extension. Also, the station extension is not used for routing ACD calls to an agent. Why would anyone have to call the station extension to reach a particular agent?
    I want to be able to assign the softphone to the thin client name and not the VDI name. We want to use the softphone for DR, not in the regular offices. The VMWare admins won't give me a separate pool of VDI's for DR, everything is in one big pool. I don't have the numbers to assign to every VDI we have for them to be used only occasionally for DR testing and I don't have the time to go in and change the extensions to specific VDI names every time there is DR testing.

• 4.  RE: Softphone workaround for use with thin clients

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2018 16:23
    Got it...it doesn't really have much to do with the number so much as needing to lock down the total number of stations you need to create Unfortunately, I can't find a solution for you. SIP Softphone is not supported with Citrix (or any virtualization environment). It may work, to a certain extent (as you have found), but Genesys doesn't support it, technically.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources