PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

• 1.  Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-02-2018 20:38
    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had any insight as to the best way to identify flowed-out interactions for a particular workgroup? I have a supervisor alert that sends me an email for value changes for Interactions Flowed-Out. However, not much else I can do to determine what happened to that particular interaction. I tried running a search in Interaction Details for calls that came in (Search criteria = "Last Workgroup: 'workgroup1'") but this isn't very helpful as it shows all calls that came in. I've also tried to run both Queue Detail & Summary Reports, but there is no specific detail-level information per interaction aside from "1 Interaction Flowed-Out". Any suggestions? Thank you, QW

• 2.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 12:47
    An interaction that "flowed out" is one that enters the queue but is neither offered nor abandoned - usually due to a transfer, voicemail, etc. I'd start with the Call Log for the day in question on the active PureConnect server. Do a quick search string filter for the workgroup name, then start narrowing down by adding other string filters or exclusions for key events.

• 3.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 14:46
    Thanks for the explanation dcurrier! When you say Call Log; are you referring to a view in ICBM? or a report? I can't find where that is to be honest.:confused:

• 4.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2018 14:51
    He's talking about querying the database directly. There is nothing in ICBM or a standard report for the Call Log. All custom work.

• 5.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 14:53
    This is one of the server trace logs that is located in the Log Path on the active CIC/PureConnect server. This generally something like E:\I3\IC\Logs\<date>\ and is called something like CallLog.ininlog

• 6.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2018 15:04
    Originally posted by dcurrier;36537
    This is one of the server trace logs that is located in the Log Path on the active CIC/PureConnect server. This generally something like E:\I3\IC\Logs\<date>\ and is called something like CallLog.ininlog
    Ah, yes...I forgot about that log. I was thinking you meant the CallEventLog column in the calldetail view in the IC database, which stores the Call Log for each interaction. Many folks write a custom SQL query or even a custom report to pull interaction data from there for cases like this.

• 7.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 15:07
    This column does contain the same data but it can be truncated depending on the call flow and it is harder to parse. I prefer to use the actual trace log in the ININ Log Viewer for recent questions about calls (assuming the Call Detail Viewer in IC Business Manager doesn't answer my question).

• 8.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2018 15:09
    Makes sense. Have you figured out a good way to pull that data out into a report you can hand to a contact center manager? Or, do you mainly just look at single interactions as-needed?

• 9.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 15:10
    Ahhh okay. Thank you both very much for your suggestions! I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that as my original request was coming from someone in the Business and I would not expect them to be able to access that data. I guess I will have to provide them with that assistance :)

• 10.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 15:15
    I haven't built any reports directly using that data - rather I write specific elements to the InteractionCustomAttributes table to report against. But I do heavily use the Interaction Detail Viewer in IC Business Manager sort of like a report as a first stop for troubleshooting and in training business users how to perform basic call troubleshooting.

• 11.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

Posted 01-03-2018 15:18
    Oh for sure. Interaction Details is definitely my first step in troubleshooting a call. But in this scenario, it sounds like the supervisor wasn't able to see the flowed-out interaction in Interaction Details by searching the last workgroup. Since it flowed-out to somewhere, they were trying to work backwards

• 12.  RE: Interactions Flowed-Out Details?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2018 15:04
    You might look at LogSnip to pull data from the log based on a filter (which you can create in LogViewer and save, then use with LogSnip). You can save to JSON or .ininlog format. command-line help: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\icadmin>logsnip You must specify at least one file to read (--log), and a destination for the snip (--out). Allowed options: -h [ --help ] print usage message --from arg Snip log(s) starting at specified time. Format: hh:mm:ss.mmm or YYYY-MM-dd@hh:mm:ss.mmm (use trailing Z for UTC) --to arg Snip log(s) ending at specified time. Format: hh:mm:ss.mmm or YYYY-MM-dd@hh:mm:ss.mmm (use trailing Z for UTC) --out arg File to create from merged logs - format defaults to ininlog --format arg (=ininlog) Format to use for output file: ininlog | json. Defaults to ininlog --filter arg Name of filter to use when snipping log file(s). --filter_file arg Name of xml file to load filters from. The inin_log_filters.xml file also used by ininlogviewer is used by default. --filter_list List the named filters within the default filter file, or filter file specified on the command line. --detailed_errors If set, display the full (nested) error information. --compress_data If set, tries to convert ALL data strings into single-write instances [EXPERIMENTAL!]. --log arg Log file(s) to read. Example stuff from an internal description I dug up: logsnip-w64r-5-0.exe --filter_file %UserProfile%\Documents\dsm-ininlogviewer-filters.xml --filter PolicyActionsJobDoWorkFailed --log *.ininlog --out PolicyActionsJobDoWorkFailed.json --format json The beginning of the outputted json looks like this: [ { "timestamp":"00:00:05.004_0019", "type":"E", "calllevel":0, "thread":13036, "topic":"Recorder Processing", "level":11, "file":"$Id: //eic/main_team_dp1530/products/eic/src/recorder/irserver/Action.cpp#2 $", "function":"PolicyActionsJob::do_work()", "line":54, "message":"Action failed", "attributes": { "IR_RecordingID":"e5daee13-9558-d071-88c0-ab29ba9d0001" } }, { "timestamp":"00:00:05.005_0018", "type":"E", "calllevel":0, "thread":7844, "topic":"Recorder Processing", "level":11, "file":"$Id: //eic/main_team_dp1530/products/eic/src/recorder/irserver/Action.cpp#2 $", "function":"PolicyActionsJob::do_work()", "line":54, "message":"Action failed", "attributes": { "IR_RecordingID":"e5daee13-1c22-d05e-88c0-ab29ba9d0001" } }, ... ] Now that you've got the traces you want in json form, use a scripting language to extract what you want from the json. For example, in Python you could write a script like filter-json-recordingid-context-attribute.py (reproduced below) to extract just the RecordingID context attribute from each entry in the json file: filter-json-recordingid-context-attribute.py # filter-json-recordingid-context-attribute.py # Usage: python filter-json-recordingid-context-attribute.py <json-input-file> # It is recommended to redirect output to a file. import sys import json jsonFile = sys.argv[1] j = json.loads(open(jsonFile).read()) for i in j: print i["attributes"]["IR_RecordingID"] Running this: python filter-json-recordingid-context-attribute.py PolicyActionsJobDoWorkFailed.json > failed-recordings.out ...gets you a file of just the recordingIds... Click here to expand... e5daee13-9558-d071-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e5daee13-1c22-d05e-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e5daee13-5d77-d07b-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e5daee13-485c-d046-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e4daee13-3568-d033-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e7daee13-9954-d053-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e6daee13-50de-d0fc-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e7daee13-6bea-d085-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 e7daee13-76a9-d0ea-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 eadaee13-1e1b-d0ea-88c0-ab29ba9d0001 ... If you wanted something other than the RecordingID context attribute, you could do for i in j: print i["message"] or...stuff like that.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources