PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to pause rules based recordings

• 1.  How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-12-2009 09:15
    We have a customer that is recording all calls to their call centre. Official rules in the UK require that credit card details are not recorded. Call might be transfered from different queues already so we can not use the "Stop the recording on transfer" flag. The customer sugested to use one workgroup to transfer these calls to and then to stop the recording. Does any of you what handler need to be modified to achieve this, as this is quite a basic functionality CIC lacks.

• 2.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-12-2009 18:25

• 3.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-13-2009 09:52
    Thanks George, Unfortunately that is not an option as agents should NOT handle this by button click. The simple reason for that is that they will forget to press the button. Transferring them to a different queue that stops the recording is the customers preferred way of doing this. So how can we achieve this? ~NiteOwl

• 4.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2009 16:21
    If you know when the credit card info is about to be gathered, the agent would have to actually transfer the call, either to an Attendant profile which goes to the new queue or to the new workgroup queue extension. Of course, at that point the caller will be dropped back into queue and have to wait for a new agent to come available - the caller doesn't get to just stay on the line with the current agent. Are you hoping to do this programmatically, somehow? Such as, pause the recording when the agent clicks on the Credit Card field in a third-party application? I am thinking something like that might be possible with some clever programming to our ICELib interface...I know you can trigger a handler from ICELib.

• 5.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-16-2009 09:21
    What the customer wants is that the call is transferred to a different workgroup. That workgroup never gets recorded at all. Once the details have been taken, the call either finishes or is being transferred back to the agent it came from. Since the recording was paused, at that point the recording should be continued. ~NiteOwl

• 6.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2009 15:26
    That's pretty convoluted, and as described would probably pull the call out of ACD handling, thus removing the statistics reporting at some point. If the call gets transferred to another workgroup, the recording will not pause, it will end. You would have to start a new recording when transferring back to the first agent (presuming that agent is still available). I don't see any easy way to accomplish what you are describing, especially since it cannot involve the agent initiating the action. You might be able to accomplish what is asked via ICELib, but it will be highly custom.

• 7.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-16-2009 15:52
    George, Reading the recording documentation, IA help, etc. Transfer from one queue to another queue only ends when the flag for that is set in the Recorder Configuration. We cannot use that flag as the call might have been transferred from one queue to another queue already for overflow reasons or wrong customer choice. Therefore the call should still be recorded when the transfer to the non-recorded workgroup takes place. So with all respect the call transferred to the workgroup without recording should only pause the recording and after transferring back to the agent the recording should be resumed. Which handlers are involved in the scenario described above?

• 8.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2009 16:00
    Sorry - I forgot that you said earlier that the flag to continue recording on transfer is set. To my knowledge, then, the call would continue to be recorded in the new workgroup, even if the new workgroup does not have a rule telling Recorder to record its calls. At this point, you really need to open a Support case to get the Recorder folks involved, to make sure you get official info on how to make it work. Any info gathered through Community will not be considered official :)

• 9.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-16-2009 16:03
    Oh, I did that already and they point me to hire PSO to do this. I think that it is a shame that such basic stuf, which can easily be done in other products, like Aspect, Avaya and Genesis, is lacking in the ININ product. Thanks anyway for your help. ~NiteOwl

• 10.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2009 16:37
    So, Aspect, Avaya, and Genesis have products that automatically sense when an agent is about to hear a credit card number over the phone, pause recording, and then automatically start recording again once the number is done being spoken? Wow! :) In a coming IC 3.0 SU we will have built-in capability to pause recorder-based recordings, but it will still require the agent to click the Pause button. It will have a configurable time to automatically restart the recording, in case the agent forgets to un-pause the recording.

• 11.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-16-2009 16:56
    Yes, they have a smarter way to setup workgroups not to be recorded, maybe that is what you call auto-sensing. Not to confuse with auto-censoring what causes a beep to be heard when a certain word is used...... I know about the 3.0 SU feature, which is unfortunately not good enough and prone to agent errors. I have submitted an enhancement request for this as it would be much simpler without customization to have this as a setting on the workgroup tab of a workgroup. Regards, ~NiteOwl

• 12.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2009 17:05
    Thank you very much for taking time to enter an enhancement request! Most people won't bother, so the Product Managers don't get the feedback they need to shape the product.

• 13.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-16-2009 23:34
    Hi, guys. Sorry to chime in, but i found your discussion pretty funny. Maybe i'm missing anything here but i don't see a lot of sense in NiteOwn theory. He said stop the recording cannot be left in agents hands because they can easily forget to press a button to do it. As an alternative, he talks about transferring the call to a different unrecorded workgroup. Well, isn't it supposed agents should press some buttons to do that as well?. He said Avaya product is able to manage this well. Ok, let me have doubts about that, as Avaya isn't involve with recording stuff. They always rely on third-party products to do recordings. However, i found cool the auto-censoring capability NiteOwl mentioned, having to option to inject a beep to cover sensitive data in a recording. Have you ever heard of some customer doing this with ININ handlers?? I'd love to hear something about how to do that.

• 14.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 11-17-2009 15:56
    The auto-censoring would have to be done with Speech Analytics, which the developers are working on now. They won't be at the point of analyzing words in ongoing calls for a bit yet. They are starting with functionality to help Dialer recognize different sorts of ringback (like when someone has music for their cell phone ringback, as some providers allow).

• 15.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 11-17-2009 16:21
    Hi, George. Cool feature, but I wasn't going so far requesting for "intelligent" auto-censoring triggered automatically by the system. I was rather meaning adding some custom button to Client.NET that on agent pressing do insert a beep (or any other audio file content by the way) in the audio stream of a recorded call to prevent sensitive data to be listen to later on.

• 16.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 02-19-2010 21:11
    I think this can be done using the SystemIVRCallOfferingWorkgroupQueue handler. You could do a lookup for a Custom Attribute on the Workgroup - something like 'PauseRecording". If this custom Attribute is set on the Workgroup then just call a RecordCall step and pause the recording. If this Custom Attribute isn't on the Workgroup and there is a paused recording, then just call a RecordCall step and start the recording again. Per the 2.4 Call Attributes documentation on the Eic_Recorders Call Attribute: If the recording operation is paused, the name of the recording user has ":Paused" (the appropriately internationalized string) appended to it. If a user has multiple recordings started on the same call, the ":Paused" string is not appended until all recordings initiated by that user are paused. Similarly, the ":Paused" string is removed if at least one recording operation is unpaused by the initiating user. The monitor object does not clear this attribute when the recorded call disconnects.

• 17.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 02-16-2010 18:16
    Originally posted by GGanahl;16322
    So, Aspect, Avaya, and Genesis have products that automatically sense when an agent is about to hear a credit card number over the phone, pause recording, and then automatically start recording again once the number is done being spoken? Wow! :) In a coming IC 3.0 SU we will have built-in capability to pause recorder-based recordings, but it will still require the agent to click the Pause button. It will have a configurable time to automatically restart the recording, in case the agent forgets to un-pause the recording.
    Do you know if this is in SU8? If not, any idea when this will be released?

• 18.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 02-17-2010 16:52
    I saw this morning that SU-8 was downloaded on my Demo machine. I need to look in the SU-8 on the website readme to see what is released as new features, not had a chance to do that.

• 19.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 02-17-2010 16:58
    Looked in the SU-7 and SU-8 New Features lists and it does not appear to be released in SU-7 or SU-8.

• 20.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 10-06-2010 16:01
    Originally posted by GGanahl;16322
    George What 3.0 SU is this available with? Thanks Guy

• 21.  RE: How to pause rules based recordings

Posted 02-21-2011 20:38
    Originally posted by Guy Wenzel;19265
    George What 3.0 SU is this available with? Thanks Guy
    To follow up on this, this feature will be released in 3.0 SU 11, due to be GA some time next March.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources