PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-08-2010 17:38
    Hallo, does anybody know how to kill hanging calls from the CIC without switching the system or restarting the CIC (TsServerU)? The hanging calls were caused by network outages between 5-8 seconds. All lines are configured on TCP. It should be more reliable than UDP. You see the interactions in supervisor in the use rqueue and in the station queue but you cannot disconnect them. This affects 2 out of 300 users and we are really not willing to switch all the time when this happens. Any ideas are very welcome. Cheers, Holger

• 2.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 12-09-2010 13:55
    SU 10 was recently released, you can always try upgrading to SU 10. Also, I would open a support case with your VAR or I3 to get logs next time it happens so they can see why the calls are getting stuck.

• 3.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 12-09-2010 15:46
    We have the same issues with 2.4 SU41 where the call can't be disconnected in Supervisor. I have attached a handler that allows you to disconnect a call either by CallID or as the first call on a user's queue. The syntax for the custom notification is in the Properties in the handler. Hope this helps until you can get a permanent solution. Mary Rose

• 4.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 12-10-2010 19:48
    Hallo mridings, thank you very much! That looks like a real cool piece of software you created! I have already opened up a ticket at I3 support and I am uploading the appropriate logs to find at least the root cause for these incidents. The effect is not only hanging calls which cannot be removed, it is also the possibility that configured Remote Stations or simply Remote Numbers are not dialed anymore when an agent logs into the client. That means a switch is the only thing that helps. I wonder when I terminate the hanging calls by the handler does the full functionality of TsServer come back then? I will try it out and let you guys know about it. Best Regards, Holger

• 5.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 01-02-2011 16:25
    Hallo mridings, we applied this handler at 3 sites with different results: 1. site: CIC 3.0 SU 10 based on HMP: handler disconnects station queue and user queue calls quite reliably, not all, but most. 2. site: CIC 3.0 SU9 with 2 ESs for TsServer based on HMP: handler disconnects no call, not in user queue or station queue 3. site: CIC 3.0 SU9, no ESs, card based Dialogic-system: handler disconnects no call, not in user queue, station queue or line queue So I assume a significant difference between SU9 and SU10 regarding TsServer. I have requested an ER to manually disconnect calls from ISupervisor or a separate tool. Anyway thank you for the handler as it can help in some situations. Regards, Holger

• 6.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 01-21-2011 20:32
    Sorta new at this, how do I deploy and use this handler?

• 7.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 01-21-2011 21:48
    I didn't get to use the handler but the only way I found was to restart IC service, which I had to do at night. We were trying to implement a longer pause in our dialing and I asked to have it put back to the 3 seconds and after we did that I haven't had the issue for a week.

• 8.  RE: HMP 283, CIC 3.0 SU9 - How to kill hanging calls

Posted 02-18-2011 23:46
    We have applied the handler to some sites where calls were hanging due to network issues. The handler killed the hanging interactions only partly. An ACD-call is always transferred to a user queue and a station queue at the same time and then, when the call hangs, you can most probably kill the station queue call, but not the user queue call. We always have to switch and restart the CIC still. Sorry to say that. What we have done to improve the situation is to increase the TCP timeout from 3500 ms on the line to 10000 ms. Same applies to the SIP-Proxy, 10 seconds. Now we are on the safe side, but still I would be happy if such a tool would come up some time in the future. Regards, Holger

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources