PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recorder Client vs. Business Manager for Agents

Posted 03-24-2011 00:01
    I think Business Manager is a great tool for Supervisors/Managers to use to access Recorder, Optimizer and future business apps but I'm not so sure that it's the right tool for agents to use to access their recordings. Will agents be able to continue to use Recorder Client to access their recordings? Is there another method that will be introduced for agents? Or is Business Manager the tool of the future for accessing all Recordings? Thank-you. Trish

• 2.  RE: Recorder Client vs. Business Manager for Agents

Posted 03-24-2011 08:54
    Hi Trish, Maybe this might be helpful? We had to integrate a listen to recordings functionality and the customer did not wanted the agents having access to client to be able to pull up random recordings, they only should have access to recordings in the CRM customer pages. So we had a solution build for them. Starting from SU8, a new QualityManagement namespace is available in IceLib allowing to download decrypted recordings. Neither the recorder client (nor a license) will be required, instead the Interaction Voicemail Player will be used to play the recording either via speakers, headset or on the user’s phone. Recording are decrypted by the ININ.ListenRecordingListener.exe application (IceLib does it automatically). The file is temporarily stored in the user’s temp folder (Read/write rights required on this folder) and deleted after the application is closed. This application is responsible for launching the default wav file player (Interaction Voicemail Player). There was an add on developped in the client that allows the agent to click on a link in the CRM screen for a previous recording and then the recording would play. Limitation is that the recordings cannot be encrypted. I hope this was helpfull information for you.

• 3.  RE: Recorder Client vs. Business Manager for Agents

Posted 03-25-2011 21:05
    That is interesting NiteOwls and I'll save it for future reference. In this case we need to be PCI compliant so the recordings must remain in their encrypted state. The real question is with respect to the Roadmap for Recorder, is it to continue to support both Business Manager and IC Recorder Client or will Recorder Client be dropped at some point in the future. Thanks though! Trish

• 4.  RE: Recorder Client vs. Business Manager for Agents

Posted 03-28-2011 22:39
    Trish, What I've been getting through my channel is that the Recorder Client is going away. It's based on the older Win32 technology. The new Business Manager is .NET, which will be the codeset moving forward. More and more of the business functionality is going to be migrated out of the Administrator, and into the Business Manager.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources