PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Percentage based routing.

Posted 09-27-2011 17:40
    I have a customer that wants to transfer out a % of calls entering a workgroup immediately. Is there an easy to build a counter that uses a % variable to determine accurately if the call can should be transferred. I have used the last digit of the callid method before but it is not accurate for short time spans. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Percentage based routing.

Posted 09-28-2011 05:48
    You can easily do this in a handler, bu with new conditional transfer, Attendant can also do it. Just setup db field someplace that can be updated and queried. Then increment that fieldby 1 each call. On the last condition, reset field to 0.

• 3.  RE: Percentage based routing.

Posted 08-22-2012 16:27
    Originally posted by RobertWC;23531
    You can easily do this in a handler, bu with new conditional transfer, Attendant can also do it. Just setup db field someplace that can be updated and queried. Then increment that fieldby 1 each call. On the last condition, reset field to 0.
    Hello, I've run into the same situation where a percentage of our Sales calls should be transferred out to an external call center post IVR. We've got approximately 59 different Sales queues, each with their own Profile in Attendant 2.4. These sales queues are already a part of an old 'customivrworkgroup' handler that we still use. The handler takes each sales workgroup and sets their priorities, retains their acd type but also lets the managers maintain the order of the sales agents of each workgroup. From your description above it sounds like it would be much more simple to tie a handler into the existing 'customivrworkgroup' handler to transfer a percentage of their calls, rather than applying the suggested Attendant method above to every profile. Would/Could you please advise the best way for me to set this up? I would like to do this myself and not go to PSO as support is suggesting I do. Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! Regards, Sandy

• 4.  RE: Percentage based routing.

Posted 08-23-2012 00:14
    Originally posted by RobertWC;23531
    That's what I would do, but use an Accumulator instead of doing a database lookup for every call.

• 5.  RE: Percentage based routing.

Posted 08-23-2012 04:02
    Without seeing the handler, I am assuming you can set an attribute in the Interaction ID that can be evaluated in the logical transsfer or selection toolstep. Yes accumulaters would workk, but I have seen inconsistancies using them. The db method is sure and you can alway see what the value is.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources