PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

Posted 11-30-2012 16:00
    Need to have the system track and note when a call object abandons while waiting in queue, and to make a note in the Call Detail table for that record. I know this capability is coming in 4.0 but I need a way to get this information in 3.0. I'm told there may be some customizations we can do in the handlers that would allow the system to track a call and, if it abandons while waiting in queue, write that information to a custom attribute. This attribute/value could then be logged in the Call Detail table with the record. So if it abandons we could enter a '1' or something like that in one of the custom fields, and then write a query to pull all calls that abandoned. I'm just looking for some idea where this sort of customization could be done. Has anyone attempted this before? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

Posted 12-01-2012 01:21
    I am writing a handler for the Marketplace to do just that for 3.0 customers. I will take the abandoned calls and disposition them so that they can be searched in the regular reports by that disposition code. Look for it when it marketplace launches.

• 3.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

Posted 12-19-2012 21:48
    I've got almost everything I need to accomplish this, but I am having difficulty finding the handler where a call abandons and can be marked as such. Anyone know what handler(s) that would be? Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2012 11:16
    All disconnects run the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler.

• 5.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

Posted 12-20-2012 18:35
    Thanks George. What I mean is, in what handler will the call be while it is waiting in queue? That's where I would have to tag it as abandoned, I believe. Once it gets to ObjectDisconnectMonitor it would probably be too late to id it as an abandoned interaction

• 6.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2012 18:51
    Calls don't actually sit in a handler while waiting in Queue. The SystemACDCallHolding handler uses an Extended Get Key Async tool step to flush the audio, and then no handlers run while the audio is playing. If a call disconnects, then the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler runs. I guess you would need to set an attribute on the call when it enters the queue, then change that attribute after the call gets connected to an agent (in CustomACDPostAlert). If the call gets to ObjectDisconnectMonitor and the attribute has not been changed, then it disconnected before it got to an agent. Modify as needed to allow for going to voicemail or whatever you don't want to consider an abandon.

• 7.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

Posted 12-20-2012 19:46
    That is very helpful, thanks. Last question: when the system marks a call as an abandon for the queue statistics, where is that done? I know you can't tie this abandon tag to the actual call, but I'm curious where that is done
    Originally posted by GGanahl;27349
    Calls don't actually sit in a handler while waiting in Queue. The SystemACDCallHolding handler uses an Extended Get Key Async tool step to flush the audio, and then no handlers run while the audio is playing. If a call disconnects, then the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler runs. I guess you would need to set an attribute on the call when it enters the queue, then change that attribute after the call gets connected to an agent (in CustomACDPostAlert). If the call gets to ObjectDisconnectMonitor and the attribute has not been changed, then it disconnected before it got to an agent. Modify as needed to allow for going to voicemail or whatever you don't want to consider an abandon.

• 8.  RE: Tracking/recording when a call abandons in queue

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2012 19:55
    I don't know for sure. I presume it is tracked directly by the StatServer subsystem before being written to the logs, but i really don't know.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources