PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Querying Conferenced Calls

Posted 10-31-2014 15:50
    I've been working on a project this last week to try and set up a nice little conference program for the couple of people who use call-in conference services in my office. If you are unfamiliar with what I mean by that, I simply am referring to the numbers that you call and they ask you for your "Conference ID" and then it connects you to your conference call. It doesn't matter where you call from or anything. Well, this is what we want, though simpler of course. I'd go into detail but that's now what I came here for. I will if I need to, though. My problem is that I'm trying to figure out how to add callers to the conference once it's been created. I am setting attributes so that the handlers can determine which calls are the calls they should be following into the conference, but I can't get the CallIDs of the leader's call once he is in the conference. I have literally zero idea how to find the CallID so that I can do this. tl;dr Is there any way to read the CallIDs and get the attributes from calls that have been conferenced? Thank you, Connor

• 2.  RE: Querying Conferenced Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2014 15:55
    This is probably a silly question, but are you aware that Interaction Conference is built into IC as a licensed option, and does exactly what you are talking about and more? You just add the license and it is turned on, ready to configure conferences...

• 3.  RE: Querying Conferenced Calls

Posted 10-31-2014 16:02
    Yes, I am aware. We want less features (and we are a small operation, so we can be a little cheap), plus it's a wonderful exercise for myself.

• 4.  RE: Querying Conferenced Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2014 16:09
    Relatively cheap and pre-built and simple is on the Marketplace as well :-) https://marketplace.inin.com/App/Details/f3aa500c-19f3-45d8-8046-8c43a2cb3ac2

• 5.  RE: Querying Conferenced Calls

Posted 11-10-2014 02:19
    I wrote a handler-based application like this a few years ago and the main trick (other than handling inbound calls vs. station connection calls) is figuring out which conference ID to connect the next call to. There may be a simpler way, but my solution was to use a database table to store dynamically generated and static virtual conference rooms. The table stores information such as when the conference should be available for use, the ID of the first call (no conference created yet), and the conference ID (once a conference has been built).

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources