PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  One user getting another user's voicemail

Posted 10-28-2015 11:55
    Hello, We have an issue where one user is getting another's voicemail. I have checked the mailbox configuration under the user's account and there is no reference to the other unintended user's mailbox. here are the things I have checked thus far:
    • User's mailbox configuration under User Properties
    • Voicemail Fax and Paging is set to Do Not Send Me Alerts for both.
    Anyone have any ideas why this condition would exist? The original (intended) user is still getting their voice mails but they are also going to the 2nd user which we need to stop. I should also note that we are on IC 3.0.19 Thanks, J

• 2.  RE: One user getting another user's voicemail

Posted 10-29-2015 22:01
    Originally posted by jfp1997;32766
    Hello, We have an issue where one user is getting another's voicemail. I have checked the mailbox configuration under the user's account and there is no reference to the other unintended user's mailbox. here are the things I have checked thus far:
    • User's mailbox configuration under User Properties
    • Voicemail Fax and Paging is set to Do Not Send Me Alerts for both.
    Anyone have any ideas why this condition would exist? The original (intended) user is still getting their voice mails but they are also going to the 2nd user which we need to stop. I should also note that we are on IC 3.0.19 Thanks, J
    If you look in DS or registry maybe for the second user see if DS has the worn email listed for some reason and IA is showing wrong? Off the wall idea but only thing i can think of at the moment. Look postoffice and mail provider logs and see if you can pinpoint where it sends the second one and maybe back track to why.

• 3.  RE: One user getting another user's voicemail

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2015 02:35
    The other things to double-check: 1. Does one of the user's have the other user's NT Account setting under user configuration, even though the mailbox setting is correct 2. Is one user perhaps sometimes using Call Coverage in the client to forward their calls to the other user when they are unavailable, and the coverage is set to leave voicemail in the other user's mailbox 3. Does the one user have any kind of Rule set up in Outlook that could be forwarding a copy of the voicemail to the other user.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources