PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

• 1.  Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:23
    I have a Link on a Work Item that is to a file server on our network. I am using a fully qualified UNC path but having issues getting the location to open when clicking on the link. There are access restrictions to this location, but I have granted the icadmin account full privileges and with the same UNC path I am a able to read and write through a handler? Any idea on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks, Andrew

• 2.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:33
    Don't forget that when you click on the link, the access is being attempted as the user, not by ICAdmin on the server... Can you open the link from the desktop machine running the client when logged in as the appropriate user?

• 3.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:36
    I have full access to the folder location and can access it from my PC where I am running the client. Since this takes the access level of the user, would someone with Read-Only access still be able to get to this location and open files, just not save/edit them? Thanks, Andrew

• 4.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:39
    Originally posted by AWooster;34113
    Since this takes the access level of the user, would someone with Read-Only access still be able to get to this location and open files, just not save/edit them?
    I believe so, yes.

• 5.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:49
    When clicking the link a message box pops with the following error: "An error occurred trying to open 'filepath'" Would I be able to find more information in the ProcessAutomationServer logs or should I be checking somewhere else? Thanks, Andrew

• 6.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 19:56
    Can you post the configuration of the link? Perhaps a screenshot? Someone may be able to spot if there is a typo....

• 7.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 20:04
    \\nw01\Data\JY\JYDIRECT_TEAM\Employee Info\Employee Files\Andrew Wooster\Coachings and Counselings\ I copied this out of ICBM > IPA Monitor, when pasted into Windows Explorer is opens correctly.

• 8.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 20:13
    Ok, First up, that is a link to a folder, not a document. I have never played with opening a file browser from a link, I don't even know if it works. I do know you can do it with an IE control.... Secondly, a screenshot of the actual config would help. It may not be the URI itself that is at fault.....

• 9.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 20:21
    Got it to work, thanks for making me think...:rolleyes: file://server/share/location.../ Thanks, Andrew

• 10.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 20:36
    Glad you got it to work! I don't feel I did much to help though.... Paul

• 11.  RE: Work Item Link Fully Quallified UNC Path Not Working

Posted 10-07-2016 20:44
    It helped to just talk things out... maybe you could take a look at http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?10954-Attendant-Mailbox-Access-Check and give some insight there as well? Thanks, Andrew

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources