PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Desktop and ICBM using NBNS to resolve hostname

Posted 02-17-2017 13:42
    Hi All, I have a group of machines, working remotely, outside my corporate LAN. Both Interaction Desktop and ICBM are using CIC FQDN to connect to CIC server (for login). But some services failed to load normally (like report generation or status icon display). I made investigation and noticed, that CIC clients are trying to resolve CIC server's hostname via NBNS (NetBIOS Name Service). As these machines are not part of corporate network, it cannot resolve CIC HOSTNAME, only FQDN. The question is, how can I force CIC to send clients FQDN instead of HOSTNAMES?

• 2.  RE: Interaction Desktop and ICBM using NBNS to resolve hostname

GENESYS
    Posted 02-17-2017 15:16
    For reports, there is a Server Parameter named ReportFilePath in Interaction Administrator which points to the share... On my server, it shows \\${SERVERNAME}\IC_Reports\SQL You might try changing that to the FQDN of your server (or Host A record if switchover), e.g. \\icserver.inin.com\IC_Reports\SQL Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to figure out exactly what value replaces ${SERVERNAME} and the value that replaces ${SERVER}. One of those might actually do what you are looking for. You would do the same thing for the path on each of the Status icon files in the Status Messages container. Those settings use the NetBios name by defautl. e.g. \\IC1-GEO\resources\AvailForward.ico would be changed to \\IC1-GEO.edugeo.inin.com\resources\AvailForward.ico Hope that gets you what you need.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources