PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Best practises to migrate custom handlers

Posted 07-24-2017 14:48
    Hi there, Any recommendations on best practises to migrate custom handlers? 4.0 to 2016, main problem is that not everything is documented... And as i see the View Dependencies is not the most reliable tool which makes things even more challenging. Would be nice to hear if anyone has any experience with it... Thx

• 2.  RE: Best practises to migrate custom handlers

Posted 07-24-2017 15:52
    One of the main considerations is whether any customized base handlers are involved. If so, the customizations will need to be ported to the current version of the base handlers. If they are all completely custom, they will likely publish just fine... though testing is always a good idea.

• 3.  RE: Best practises to migrate custom handlers

Posted 07-24-2017 19:59
    Thanks, I found the IC Migration guide as a good reference point, although it talks about 2.x to 3.0 migration, the principles are the same... Got some work on my hands :D

• 4.  RE: Best practises to migrate custom handlers

Posted 07-24-2017 21:11
    Run a handler diff on all of the handlers to see whats different. Copy all of the IHD files out of d:\i3\ic\server\handlers and put it in a folder named new. Copy all of the ihd files out of d:\i3\ic\handlers\40Handlers and put them in another folder named old. Assuming no one has messed up any of the handlers in the 40Handlers folder this folder should represent the base handlers that were on the system. Use handler diff tool to compare the old handlers to the new handlers. Look at the handlers that have been changed to figure out if you need to bring the customized handler along or not. I'm not saying that this is an easy process but it is the most complete way to find any base handlers that have been modified. While you are at it why not take some time to document the handler changes so the next time you do an upgrade this process should be way easier.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources