PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-12-2017 04:51
    I've got a problem that I've had before but I have no memory of the fix. We have a couple of new handlers that are called from CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter. I've added them to the Selection step in the subroutine and they are called from Attendant, but CIC never seems to call them. We are running version IC version 4.0.6. We've got quite a few handlers being called from CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter, but it won't call any new ones Ideas?

• 2.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-12-2017 05:45
    Just a quick reply back. Have you double checked that you are matching your keyword case? or using the no case matching command?

• 3.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-12-2017 12:26
    Debug CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter and double-check the value of p_sSubroutineName to make sure that it matches what is being sent from Attendant in the Selection step. If the debug is never fired, check Attendant to make sure the call flow is actually configured correctly to call the subroutine (a look at an IP log in SnapShot can help troubleshoot this).

• 4.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-12-2017 13:59
    Possibly a really basic thing to check (but heh, sometimes it's the obvious that gets overlooked). In Attendant, the string you enter as "Subroutine Name" actually bears no relation at all to the eventual subroutine. It is simply a textual identifier to be passed into the CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Customization Point. As dcurrier mentioned, the parameter p_sSubroutineName is passed in to the Handler and contains this string. Make sure these actually agree! As NateDB pointed out, case is important, so I would use the Case Insensitive string comparison function within the Selection step - StrEqlNoCase(p_sSubroutineName,"MyFunkyFunction") Again, Debug Mode is one of your best friends for this kind of thing. If the Handler is not being called than, another dumb question, but has the Attendant Profile been published? Finally, remember that the Selection tool is evaluated top to bottom. Is it possible that there is an earlier case that is being matched by accident? Once again, debug should help you here. Just some random thoughts. I hope at least one of them helps you move forward!

• 5.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-12-2017 14:04
    One thing that I have forgotten to do countless times, is to make sure the "Activate Handler" is checked when publishing.

• 6.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-16-2017 23:22
    Originally posted by Seanatron;36000
    One thing that I have forgotten to do countless times, is to make sure the "Activate Handler" is checked when publishing.
    And we have a winner, thanks all.

• 7.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-13-2017 16:45
    Originally posted by stigger;35990
    I've got a problem that I've had before but I have no memory of the fix. We have a couple of new handlers that are called from CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter. I've added them to the Selection step in the subroutine and they are called from Attendant, but CIC never seems to call them. We are running version IC version 4.0.6. We've got quite a few handlers being called from CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter, but it won't call any new ones Ideas?
    If you haven't already, you might want to implement something off of the Selection tool's default action to raise an alert that an unhandled subroutine call occurred. We add an entry in the call's log as well as sending an email alert to a group mailbox. [ATTACH]884[/ATTACH] We also have every subroutine we author return a "status" parameter, which in CustomSubRouter we log both to the call log and add as an attribute to the call itself. This makes troubleshooting far easier, particularly on production, where debug mode may be problematic (such as production systems) [ATTACH]885[/ATTACH]

• 8.  RE: CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter Issue

Posted 10-16-2017 13:02
    I would double check how the call gets to the subroutine node. I have seen issues where the call is looping at a higher menu level and so the call never makes it to the subroutine.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources