PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  File Open Write to log info to a txt file

Posted 01-23-2018 13:44
    Hello, I have a requirement to log information to a txt file when user selects one of the option in the call flow. I have a .txt file created and placed in the D:\ drive. I am using the 'File Open Write' toolstep to open this file and write some info. It always fails at this toolstep. The .txt file has full permissions to 'Everyone'. This is what I see in the call logs: Function: IpFileOpenWrite() Message: Open of (D:\LogReEntries.txt) failed CIPManager::IntegerCall - IpFileOpenWrite returned 1 CIP2HandlerStep_External::Run() - IntegerCall Returned 1 Function: FileHandleAttach() Message: Exception caught, Handle = 0 Not getting what I have missed. Please help! Thanks, Shilpa

• 2.  RE: File Open Write to log info to a txt file

GENESYS
    Posted 01-24-2018 16:03
    You might try running Process Monitor to see if it indicates why the file cannot be opened. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

• 3.  RE: File Open Write to log info to a txt file

Posted 01-25-2018 15:07
    Windows Server has those security rights where you can't save files directly to the root drive. Create a folder and put the text file in a folder off the D drive to see if this works for you. You may also want to add logic in your code to make sure that if multiple people are picking the same option you don't run into conflicts where the second write is trying to go on while the first write is executing.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources