PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialogic DMV600BTEP Lockout

Posted 11-15-2011 06:33
    Hi, Our Dialogic DMV600BTEP always goes into lock state almost everyday. Our temporary resolution is to unplug and replug the E1 cable or restart the IC server. Looking at the d-channel trace. The cause of the issue is the High Layer Compatibility Information Element. Have you encountered this issue before? Thanks, Aonlie

• 2.  RE: Dialogic DMV600BTEP Lockout

Posted 11-15-2011 14:29
    It has been a long time since I worked with a Dialogic carded solution however I remember reading something about the card locking up in the app notes. I would suggest you grab the Telephony application notes for the xIC version of the software you are on and read through the setup section. There should be a part about modifying the configuration file to prevent the T1 or E1 from locking up.

• 3.  RE: Dialogic DMV600BTEP Lockout

Posted 11-16-2011 03:19
    Thanks for the reply. I've read the Dialogic Hardware Application note and that is the one we followed when we configured the card. We are actually using UL2 media load for our DMV600BTEP card which is the recommended media load by Interactive Intelligence. I was wondering if you happen to know about this High Layer Compatibility Information Element which is coming from the CO?

• 4.  RE: Dialogic DMV600BTEP Lockout

Posted 11-17-2011 14:29
    I have not played with Dialogic cards in years, also I only have experience with T1s. I would suggest opening a ticket with your Vendor or I3 as I'm sure support will know how to fix this.

• 5.  RE: Dialogic DMV600BTEP Lockout

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11-17-2011 17:03
    This is covered in section 4.5.17 of the Q931 specification. It's a set of 4 octets that are designed to allow capability negotiation between the two ends. We (ININ) don't do anything special with it to my knowledge. Do you have a snip of the D-Channel trace for somewhere before this happens? Are you seeing it in the SETUP message or somewhere else? Are you seeing something where B channels are gradually dropping out, or is the entire span go down? When it does down, is the D-channel still passing messages? Are you getting any Layer-1 indications (alarms) at all?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources