PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

Posted 01-22-2014 17:30
    Hello, I need a clue as to how to get an Asterisk system SIP Trunk integration to have the CIC analyze an external local or LD calls coming from Asterisk to dial plan. Currently I can make calls to Asterisk extensions and they can call my extensions on the CIC. When an Asterisk phone on dials a 7-digit ot 10-digit number it sends them directly to the Default Attendant as if the numbers coming in on the SIP Tie trunk are to be matched to DID. Because phones on the Asterisk side are not registed on the CIC system it sees numbers dialed beyond internal numbers as DID matching. Any help on what I need to do to get calls to use the existing dial plan in the CIC for accessing other SIP trunks to our Audio Codes gateways would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2014 19:04
    Since the Asterisk phones are not recognized as internal stations, any calls coming from them are seen as Inbound External calls. The extension dialing works because your IC server is matching the DID (extension numbered dialed) against the internal extensions as part of the DNIS matching built in. In order for the Asterisk phones to be able to place outbound calls through IC, you can do one of several things: 1) Manually create stations in the Stations container for each Asterisk phone, entering the appropriate Identification Address and Connection Address for each phone 2) Create a Remote Station station for each of those Asterisk phones, and give the people using those phones user accounts and Interaction Client. They would have to place all their calls outbound through the Client 3) Give those Asterisk users the Interaction Client and have them perform a Remote login, using the extension of the Asterisk phone as the remote number Any of those options will require some licensing you probably don't already have, with the least expensive option being #1 (only basic Station licenses required).

• 3.  RE: Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

Posted 01-22-2014 20:30
    Originally posted by GGanahl;30043
    Since the Asterisk phones are not recognized as internal stations, any calls coming from them are seen as Inbound External calls. The extension dialing works because your IC server is matching the DID (extension numbered dialed) against the internal extensions as part of the DNIS matching built in. In order for the Asterisk phones to be able to place outbound calls through IC, you can do one of several things: 1) Manually create stations in the Stations container for each Asterisk phone, entering the appropriate Identification Address and Connection Address for each phone 2) Create a Remote Station station for each of those Asterisk phones, and give the people using those phones user accounts and Interaction Client. They would have to place all their calls outbound through the Client 3) Give those Asterisk users the Interaction Client and have them perform a Remote login, using the extension of the Asterisk phone as the remote number Any of those options will require some licensing you probably don't already have, with the least expensive option being #1 (only basic Station licenses required).
    GGanahl , All great ideas, I have built station with the contact line as my SIP Tie Trunk. That seems to work fine. I will play with this and see how it works.. Thanks

• 4.  RE: Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

Posted 01-22-2014 20:32
    Originally posted by GGanahl;30043
    GGanahl, All great ideas. I have built the stations with the SIP Tie Trunk as the contact information. I will play around with this and see how it works. Thanks

• 5.  RE: Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

Posted 01-23-2014 14:18
    I have successfully been able to get the Asterisk system to dial external calls by having them build another SIP trunk directly to my Audio Codes. We are even able to transfer trunk-to-trunk calls. The only downside is that I have no way of getting reports about outbound calls and I do not have Supervisor queue views for lines. Otherwise it works as normal.

• 6.  RE: Asterisk integration to CIC calls hit Default Attendant

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2014 14:22
    True...that is an option I didn't mention as I presumed you wanted to run the calls through IC, not just for reporting but also to take advantage of the Dial Plan and the Security settings (types of calls specific stations/people are allowed to make). Going straight from the Asterisk to the gateway means you have to do double configuration for that stuff.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources