PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Play String?

Posted 02-11-2014 22:29
    I am wanting to have a text file or string be read to a caller, what is the best way of doing this? When I use the Play String, it sounds too much like a computer. How is it done when you a caller hears the IVR prompts for the default profile? I want it to sound more like a person. Any help or documentation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andrew

• 2.  RE: Play String?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2014 22:34
    All of the IVR prompts that come with the system are professionally recorded by voice talent in a studio; they are not text-to-speech. The Play String sounds like a computer...because it is the built in Microsoft Sam or Microsoft mary that comes with Windows. To get good text-to-speech (TTS) you need to purchase the add-on TTS software from Loquendo or Nuance and configure it to do the TTS for IC. There are Technical reference Documents in the IC Documentation Library (installed on your IC server or available on the Support web site) that tell you how to install and configure 3rd-Party TTS.

• 3.  RE: Play String?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2014 22:39
    On another note, you could record your own voice prompts as .wav files, import them into Interaction Designer using the prompt Editor (Built into the Play Prompt tool step), and then play them back using the Play Prompt or Play Prompt Phrase tool steps. That is more work, especially if you change prompts often. See the Interaction Designer help, and look at existing handlers that use those tools to get some examples of how to do it. Or, come to Basic Handlers class :-)

• 4.  RE: Play String?

Posted 02-11-2014 22:52
    If I see in Adminstrator Recognition>Loquendo & Nuance Recognizer, does this mean we have these or will they always display even without purchasing the extra TTS software? I might look into using the prompt editor. My main concern is reading back a telephone number the caller enters, I would assume this would have to be done using the PlayTelephoneNumber subroutine. Thanks, Andrew

• 5.  RE: Play String?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-12-2014 13:47
    Originally posted by AWooster;30172
    If I see in Adminstrator Recognition>Loquendo & Nuance Recognizer, does this mean we have these or will they always display even without purchasing the extra TTS software?
    Those display even if you have not purchased the TTS software.
    I might look into using the prompt editor. My main concern is reading back a telephone number the caller enters, I would assume this would have to be done using the PlayTelephoneNumber subroutine. Thanks, Andrew
    The PlayTelephoneNumber subroutine uses system prompts, not TTS, so it will use the pre-recorded voice prompts.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources