PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Client Config Templates with Int. Desktop

Posted 05-12-2017 13:47
    We've noticed in researching our next upgrade to 2017R2 that some aspects of Client Configuration templates (queues and directories mostly) aren't honored in Int. Desktop. It seems that we must use Client Templates. We're currently running 2015R1 and have some 40+ client config templates which have worked well for us since IC 3.0. We can pull up a user object in Admin and determine which tabs\queues\directories a user or role have and adjust as needed in using the client config templates. It seems we're not going to be able to do this in 2017R2. Also we aren't sure if the current .Net tabs\views our agents have will stay in place post upgrade. Tests in lab indicate all agent views will get reset and we'll need to reconfigure. Anyone out there run into this type issue or have a work around? Our initial thought is we'll need to create and use client templates (not the older client config templates). Lastly it appears these newer client templates are a runonce type deal and only applies to the user\role\workgroup at the time it is applied? Thanks, Shane

• 2.  RE: Client Config Templates with Int. Desktop

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2017 13:58
    Shane, I don't have an answer on what will actually happen to the views, etc. when you upgrade, sorry. Regarding Client Configuration Templates vs. Client Templates...two totally different things. Client Configuration Templates designate which views a user is allowed to see, and can be used to lock down the settings in client views, but they cannot be used to specify the layout of the views. Client Templates are, as you mention, "apply once" (either by the user accepting the template via popup message, or at next login) but they have no capability to "lock down" the arrangement of the views or what the user is allowed to see/do with those views. Nothing at all to do with the settings. Also, if you apply the Client Template to a Workgroup, for example, then it only gets applied to current members of the workgroup. When you add other users to the workgroup later, they do not have that Client Template applied...you have to specifically apply it to the new people (and not re-apply it to the whole workgroup unless you want everyone to get the notification that there is a new template to apply, and thus wipe out any changes they have made). Kind of confusing, I know.

• 3.  RE: Client Config Templates with Int. Desktop

Posted 05-12-2017 14:51
    Thanks for the info George! So from what we've noticed first hand and your comments below, it appears that from an administrative perspective we've lost functionality\visibility into client configuration. This also will ultimately impact end users as well. Do you happen to know if there is an effort or SCR to address this? As fyi, we've got a support case open on this as well. It seems rather obvious that the ability for administrators to manage "Views" in the Desktop client need to be added to Client Configuration templates within Int. Admin. The ability to control the views\tabs, inheritance and open up the user object within Admin to see a users configuration is important (to us at least) Maybe we're missing something? Thanks again, Shane

• 4.  RE: Client Config Templates with Int. Desktop

Posted 05-12-2017 17:04
    We just moved to 2017R2 and discovered this as well. It appears that if your a member of a queue its inherited it seems you can add a queue view to your desktop. I have to give agents the Queues > Search [ALL] so that our search can work. However, I have not checked any View permissions on any of my queues yet any user can add a queue view. I have mangers that don't want users to have the ability to watch their coworkers in a queue view. I'm trying to figure out how to change my default user configuration so I can at least restrict columns like User and Duration so that agents can't spy on fellow agents in a[ATTACH]815[/ATTACH] queue view. But that means I have to go in and adjust permissions in over a hundred workgroups to make other views work. Any ideas if I missed something would be great! Guy Digi-Key

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources