PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to make a web service occur without screen pop?

Posted 07-13-2017 19:29
    We have an action that passes the ANI of a call to one of our web services. This web service works great whenever the screen pop occurs on one of our agents' desktops, however the web service doesn't trigger unless the screen pop happens. Our problem is there are callers that hang up while they are still in the main menu, meaning they didn't make an attendant selection to be routed to an agent. The screen pop won't occur in this scenario so the web service won't either. Is there a way for this web service to occur even if the caller hangs up?

• 2.  RE: How to make a web service occur without screen pop?

Posted 07-13-2017 20:02
    You can call the web service from within a handler. The handler can be triggered from attendant before the call is routed. Even if the caller disconnects, the service should fire. There are tools for SOAP calls, and I believe REST tools were added in a 2017 release.

• 3.  RE: How to make a web service occur without screen pop?

Posted 07-13-2017 22:10
    Awesome. Thank you. I'm a bit new to handlers. Is there a system handler that I could reference?

• 4.  RE: How to make a web service occur without screen pop?

Posted 07-14-2017 12:16
    Originally posted by LMeep;35496
    Awesome. Thank you. I'm a bit new to handlers. Is there a system handler that I could reference?
    The two URLs below may help you out some. The first is some documentation, the second is a GitHub repository holding some sample handlers from I3/Genesys. I do not believe there are any built in Handlers. The below assumes you are on 2017r1 or higher. If you are not, let me know, I may be able to help you out. REST Through Handlers InteractiveIntelligence/RestThroughHandlers

• 5.  RE: How to make a web service occur without screen pop?

Posted 07-14-2017 18:47
    I am on 2017r1+, these will work for me. I'm going to try my hand at constructing the handler. Thanks for the help!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources