PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

• 1.  ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 16:13
    I've been wondering where or what I have rights to give a supervisor for him to add and remove Agents in ICBM, under manage workgroup Membership. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 17:34
    Workgroup membership is controlled in Interaction Administrator > People > Workgroups (or on the Workgroups tab for a specific user). Workgroup queue activation (for ACD queues) can be controlled in IC Business Manager and requires the Activate Others Advanced Access Details permission (Interaction Administrator > Roles > role_name Security tab > Access Control > Workgroup Queues, Advanced Access Details button, Activate Others).

• 3.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 18:01
    Yeah that gives him the right to activate and deactivate others, But not pull them from the workgroup itself, the Manage Workgroup membership doesn't show up when he right clicks.

• 4.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 18:04
    Workgroup membership is managed in Interaction Administrator. I do not believe this feature exists in IC Business Manager... though it would be handy.

• 5.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 20:00
    Ok, can you tell me what the Manage Workgroup membership is then?

• 6.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 20:01
    Perhaps I'm missing something on my end... May I see a screenshot of what you're referring to?

• 7.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

GENESYS
    Posted 09-11-2017 20:24
    It should be tied to the "Manage Workgroup" right under Security>Access Control for a User or Role configuration. There is a bug which prevents it from appearing in some of the recent versions of IC, so make sure you are on the latest patch. Dave, it shows up on the Workgroup Details menu in ICBM. (Unless you are in the Historical Reports view)

• 8.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 20:25
    How about that - learn something new every day...

• 9.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

GENESYS
    Posted 09-11-2017 20:37
    Yeah...I only know because of another thread a couple of weeks ago :-)

• 10.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

GENESYS
    Posted 09-11-2017 20:42
    Look in the Security tab, and go under the Administrative rights (instead of Security or Access Control) and grant the right to the desired Workgroup and Users. Sorry to be guessing...I don't have a system handy at the moment. I am still working on getting my dev system back online.

• 11.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 10-03-2017 04:03
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35821
    Look in the Security tab, and go under the Administrative rights (instead of Security or Access Control) and grant the right to the desired Workgroup and Users.
    Wish this information was in the Help documentation or Release Notes! It seems that granting users Administrator Access to workgroups just to manage workgroup membership in ICBM is risky - as it will give them full administrator access in Interaction Administrator to the entire workgroup configuration. I would have thought it would have been in Access Control under Manage/Modify Workgroup relating to "Activate Others" or a new advanced option.

• 12.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 09-11-2017 20:48
    Yes, that was it. Thought i'd covered all options. Thanks for the help!

• 13.  RE: ICBM Manage Workgroup Membership rights

Posted 10-17-2017 13:12
    Hello everyone. I tried to follow the steps mentioned here but it looks like I don't have this option. We are using CIC 2015 R3 Patch9. I looked into Interaction Administration and IC business manager. Do I need a license or specific version in order to give a supervisor right to add & remove user membership from workgroup? Thank you, Akram

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources