PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Getting "System Schedule" state via web query (ICWS?)

Posted 10-08-2019 20:33
    I'm wondering if it's possible to get the state/status of a "System Schedule" from Interaction Administrator through a web query?

What I was hoping for was a simple URL query that would simply return a value state of whether a specific schedule was active or not (e.g. http://icserver/systemschedule=sales returns "true").

Reason for asking, is that I'd like to be able for our website to show whether the Contact Centre is open or not, and was hoping a simple query could return it without needing a full blown ICWS query with authentication.

Otherwise if ICWS is required, where would I start Thanks.
    #Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Getting "System Schedule" state via web query (ICWS?)

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2019 13:34
    Hi Jeff,

Great question! On the most recent episode of the PureConnect Community Q&A Show, our friend Chuck Kirkpatrick discusses your question! Check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Getting "System Schedule" state via web query (ICWS?)

Posted 10-14-2019 15:50

Hi Jeff, 

I have used a very simple Handler to check the schedules and compare them, if there is a holiday etc. You assign the replies to attributes and then send them back to the webpage.  
    You then just use the HTML event initiator in that Handler.

You can then call that handler by entering the following in a browser:

http://[yourICserver]:8018/WebHTMLService/doHTMLRequest?event=[Name of initiator you defined in Handler]

This is really genius, you can show people the wait time, opening hours and amount of people on hold, amount of agents.....etc :)

It is really much simpler than it looks :)  (It is on page 34 of the  "Web Tools Developer Guide")

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 4.  RE: Getting "System Schedule" state via web query (ICWS?)

Posted 10-16-2019 21:47
    Thanks @Egill Pálsson, I'll look into it!​

Jeff Hoogkamer
    City of Gold Coast

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources