PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to receive Rest request with handlers

Posted 11-05-2019 05:45
    Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to build a custom handler that receives REST HTTPs requests. From my understanding to the available Handler's REST Tools, we can only act as a client by consuming a Server API (Web Server) to GET/POST data but what I need is to act as server-side, so a third-party client application can send (POST) data to handlers without using "SendCustomNotification.exe" 

Appreciate your advice
    Thanks,
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Mohamed Tag-Eldin Mahmoud
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: How to receive Rest request with handlers
    Best Answer

Posted 11-05-2019 10:18
    Mohamed,

I don't believe the CIC server can act as a REST server. I do think there is a way to set the CIC server up as a SOAP server though. You could look at doing a straight TCP connection as CIC does allow you to set up listening ports. Once a connection is established the TCP/IP connection accepted initiator is fired off. CIC is is limited to strings and integers to be sent through the direct TCP connection. You could still use the JSON parser to receive whatever body the REST request was going to send to you, the only difference is its a direct TCP connection with a string sent to you.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: How to receive Rest request with handlers

Posted 11-06-2019 03:04
    May be you can use something like Node.js installed on the server to receive http requests and then with node.js you can send a custom notification.
    TCP is an other way to do that. however it will take some effort to send or receive json data.

Giray Yasar
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 4.  RE: How to receive Rest request with handlers

Posted 11-07-2019 05:55
    I Try use a Web tools (licensed) to do it. 

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/Web_Tools_DG.pdf

Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources