PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CHAT - Attribute CUSTOM::CHAT TEXT:ACD Agent Connected is not working

Posted 10-21-2021 02:39
    Hi Everyone :)

According to the documentation here:
    https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/iweb_tr.pdf

Screenshot of Attribute CUSTOM::CHAT TEXT:ACD Agent Connected on page 9; high level description on p13, and detailed table on top of page 25.

I was unable to get this to work at all.

The CHAT TEXT:Welcome Header attribute works great! Exactly as per documentation. it has an activation trigger CHAT OPTION:Send Welcome Header

I tried deleting the attribute from WG config and re-adding it; 
    i tried minor variations of the attribute name, thinking documentation could have a typo: CUSTOM::CHAT TEXT:Agent Connected
    (removing "ACD")

Nothing worked. 

Any ideas?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Dmitry Dyment
    vantive2000@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: CHAT - Attribute CUSTOM::CHAT TEXT:ACD Agent Connected is not working

Posted 10-29-2021 11:19

I set this in our dev environment (2021 R2 P10) on a chat workgroup and it did appear when the agent connected to the chat.  It looks like the handler responsible for getting this custom attribute from directory services is GetIWebString in the AcdProcessEventInteraction handler and the attribute that is set is Eic_AgentConnectedMsg .  You should be able to trace this out by debugging that handler and looking at the IP log to see why the attribute is or is not updating.

When I initially tested it, I had a minor typographical error that prevented it from working.  I can confirm that it is CHAT TEXT:ACD Agent Connected

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: CHAT - Attribute CUSTOM::CHAT TEXT:ACD Agent Connected is not working

Posted 10-29-2021 11:54
    Dmitry, i'd verify this command has been run once on the CIC server:

From the command line on the CIC server, type the following expression and then press EnterSendCustomNotification Set IWeb Strings

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources