PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-09-2019 11:20
    Hello Genesys,

Please help as i want to automatically make a call back request to the interactions that abandoned from the queue,

Please advice in each handler i sholud edit in 

Thanks 
    Mahmoud
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Mahmoud Kamal
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-10-2019 07:54
    The customization point I would likely use would be CustomCallDisconnect. A debug comparing an answered call with an abandoned call would likely show a difference that could be used to recognize an abandoned call and then initiate a callback request.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 3.  RE: How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-10-2019 11:53
    Mahmoud,

As David points out the best place to add this customization would be CustomCallDisconnect. You will need to pull put attributes to figure out how to identify callers who abandoned in an ACD workgroup and then grab the information needed to create the call back. Bare minimum would be the queue for which the call was for, and the ANI. Off the top of my head you could probably look at Last Connected Workgroup being set to something and last connected agent being blank which in theory should indicate a call that went to queue but was abandoned.

Regardless you are going to have to do a TON of testing on this to ensure you only create call backs for calls which abandoned in a queue. Would you be able to provide clarification as to what you are trying to solve for as I could see this customization adding a large number of callbacks to your queue for people who don't want callbacks which will in turn potentially drive up you ASA and produce more abandons and callback requests.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-11-2019 08:17
    Thanks a lot your feedbacks were very helpful to me

Mahmoud Kamal
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 5.  RE: How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-12-2019 02:01
    Hi Mahmoud,

You can use system callback feature too, if just in case you do not want to play with handlers.

You may configure call back feature on Queue to play to customer after certain amount of time (depending upon your requirement) and give customers an option to select 'if they want to stay in queue' or 'want callback to be arranged' when there is No Agent available.

Sachin Nangia

• 6.  RE: How to automatic make a call back request for abandoned call on the queue

Posted 07-15-2019 12:16
    To add my 2 cents: keep in mind that you'll need to design / accomodate for all the exceptions you can encounter from the abandoned call until trying to callback.

Since some of our customers have specifically asked for this, we created a standardized handler package which includes the functionality you required, but also added additional checks.

For example, you should determine what to do if a customer decides to call back again (while the callback is still in queue). Do you want  to remove the callback or have the customer even jump back in line (as if she was waiting all this time). Instead of programming this in handlers, we've created parameters that allow you to configure this.

HTH

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources