PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Categories in Handlers

Posted 11-08-2019 15:34
    Hi All,

I am trying to apply category to the interaction below is the use case:

1. Set Category to route to only particular agent inside a workgroup
    2. If that agent doesnot asnwer​/not available  the call then transfer to agent voicemail, it should not go under RONA

But what's happening is if the agent which is set in the category doesnot pickup the call, its going to next agent who is part of the workgroup but not part of the category.

I am assigning category before sending the call to workgroup transfer.

I need to send the call to workgroup transfer after assigning category rather than direct agent transfer because reporting will be impacted.

Any thoughts how can I implement category to only one agent who should be part of the workgroup and if that agent is not available or does not answer the call the should go to his voicemail. Also the call should be tagged to the workgroup for reporting purposes.

Thanks
    Raghav
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta
    Accenture USA

• 2.  RE: Categories in Handlers

Posted 11-08-2019 15:55
    As long as you are assigning the category to the interaction before your queue operation (and you have checked the "Agents must be in this Category" checkbox on the Acd Specify Interaction Category tool) your category should be persisting until it is removed or an event occurs that causes categories to stop persisting (like a switchover).

You should be able to turn up logging in the ACD subsystem and verify that your category is being used in the selection process.  You should also be able to confirm in the IP log that the category is being assigned and then follow the interaction to see if you have another process that may be removing it.

As far as the voicemail piece, you just need something to check the state of the interaction, possibly from the customization point of CustomACDCallHolding, to monitor the interaction for a period of time to see if it connects to an agent and if it doesn't perform your actions accordingly.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources