PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issue with recording retention and storage location

Posted 03-18-2021 10:06

I'm having an issue with my recorder retention policies not storing recordings in the specified location.

For each of our customers that record calls, we configure the retention policy so that if it matches that customer's workgroup(s) the recording should be stored at
    \\<storagepath>\customername\

Down toward the bottom of our retention policies, we have a default storage location \\<storagepath>\ that acts as a catch-all.

The issue is that all of the recordings are being stored at the default location and not honoring the path specified in the retention policy for each individual customer.
    This shouldn't happen since recorder policies are applied in the order in which they are configured.

I can't find any indication as to why this is happening in the recorderserver logs, so I figured it'd be worth reaching out here for help before submitting a case.

Anyone else experienced this?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Brandon Weaver
    SAIC

• 2.  RE: Issue with recording retention and storage location

Posted 03-18-2021 10:15

Recorder policies process from top to bottom and all matches are processed unless you specifically put in a "Stop processing more policies" action.

So, if you have your policies set up in this order:

1. Customer A retention location
    2. Customer B retention location
    3. Default retention location

All of your policies that match 1 and 2 will end up with 3 because they will also match and overwrite.

Order your policies in the reverse order:  least specific to most specific so that the most specific rule is matched last to correct this issue.  You can use a "stop processing more policies" action, but generally those should be avoided and you should just solve these issues ordering policies correctly.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Issue with recording retention and storage location

Posted 03-18-2021 10:21

So, if I understand correctly, the order should be:

1. Default location
    2. Customer A unique location 
    3. Customer B unique location

Is that what you're saying?

Thanks for the prompt response!

Brandon Weaver
    SAIC

• 4.  RE: Issue with recording retention and storage location

Posted 03-18-2021 10:35
    Yes, that should result in the value for your storage location being set correctly assuming tags match.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Issue with recording retention and storage location

Posted 03-18-2021 10:47
    Thanks Aaron! That worked!

Brandon Weaver
    SAIC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources